Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Coming Storm

Hello! Today I am sharing my second scene for this month's Craft a Scene challenge, Fowl Weather (bad weather and birds in flight). Pretty ominous weather in this scene:

The scene is stamped on glossy cardstock (5.5 x 8.5 in), using Archival Jet Black. I hadn't yet inked up these Stampscapes clouds and thought they worked well as storm weather clouds looming on the horizon. I wouldn't want to be in that boat, but I think they will be okay. That same boat has been on troubled sees before on me scenic cards: here and here. The scene was coloured the usual way with dye inks, using a Colorbox Stylus Tool. I used blue, grey and black inks, starting with the lightest shade and gradually building up darker colours.

Highlights were added with a white gel pen. I also wanted some mist on the water and in the foreground and shine among the clouds, and dry-brushed white pigment ink on the scene to get that effect.

Thank you for looking! Still plenty of time to join us this week.

Happy Stamping!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampscapes: Duck Trio in Flight 023A, Rock (1) 129B, Rock Duo Sm. 131A, Rocky Cliff Rt. 134G, Migrating Birds 152D, Fishing Boat 164A, Brookside Boulders 185G, Dark Cloud 189F, Waves Sm. 297C, Pier 327F, Spiny Branches 330F, Spiny Branches Sm. 331B,
Ink: Ranger Adirondack: Aqua, Slate, Stonewashed, Denim, Stream; Distress Ink: Black Soot; Jenni Bowlin: Weather Vane; Archival Ink: Jet Black; Colorbox Frost White
Surface: Kromecote glossy cardstock

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anna-Karin
    your scene stamped images always blow me away. You really are so talented at doing these scenes congratulations on another stunning piece of art
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scene Anna-Karin, I'm so glad I'm not out in that boat though as your strom looks like it's going to be bad.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looks like a brewing storm Anna-Karin. Such a sea, that poor boat. Really lovely work! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Like the way you've put it all together. Makes the waves look really rough. Edna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!