Friday, October 18, 2013

Sizzix Who Are You?


Hi everyone! Sizzix has a fun contest going on at the moment for all Sizzix fans in the USA and Canada. You can win a trip to Sizzix in Lake Forest, California for you and a friend or a $100 Sizzix gift card by telling them who you are. To enter the contest, you need to share a picture of yourself, your favorite Sizzix creation, and three words that best describe you.

You can read more about the contest here on the campaign page. To enter go to here.

The Sizzix DT members will all tell you a little bit more of who we are.


I am not good at picking favourites or using very few words to describe something (let alone myself!). But here we go, I am:

- Creative
- A reader
- Love to be outdoors in nature (especially on a bike)

That was supposed to be only three words ... oops. I have been doing arts and crafts my whole life, but papercrafting is the one that has totally captured my heart and mind. I started making cards in 2002 and can still remember the exact moment when that brilliant idea popped into my head. Two years later, I also began to scrapbook and I enjoy switching between the types of projects: cards, scrapbooking layouts, 3-D projects, and any other surface and canvas I can think of.

Being on the Sizzix design team is so much fun! I love Sizzix products and use them on almost everything I create, making it really hard to pick a favourite project. I love trying out new techniques, adding meaningful little details, words and photos. One of my favourite things to do is to figure out ways to use dies and other products in ways that they were not originally meant for.

This shadow box project (which is also a tutorial) has many of the things I like the most: lots of details, a favourite photo, words, different techniques and an alternative way of using the Candy Drawer die.

If you are in the US or Canada, don't miss entering this fun contest!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute shadow box, the little boy is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your work, anna-karin! you are the queen of innovating with dies! and i'm so happy to be working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shadow box and your little one's photo is adorable, love all the little details...like how you made the pieces pop up !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shadow box and your little one's photo is adorable, love all the little details...like how you made the pieces pop up !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shadow box and your little one's photo is adorable, love all the little details...like how you made the pieces pop up !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shadow box and your little one's photo is adorable, love all the little details...like how you made the pieces pop up !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this shadow box and your little one's photo is adorable, love all the little details...like how you made the pieces pop up !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shadowbox is so interesting and full of fun stuff. It really draws you in which is what they a good one is supposed to do, isn't it? You have created so much depth and dimension with all the beautiful details.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna-Karin! You are one of the artists who have really inspired me. Your style amazes me over and over again. I find myself captivated by the projects you present. Your tutorials are outstanding to say the least! You make me feel happy. Yes, happy :-) and I am so honored to know you and your work.
    BTW: I'm going to crack if I don't get Karen B's Accordion Album Die and Eileen's candy drawers die! What you do with those dies are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!