Saturday, October 5, 2013

CSI case file #92 - Bookmarks

Hello and welcome! During October we have a book theme at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and lovely case files. Here's this week's case file:


I love the photo of the books with all the bookmarks and was inspired to scrap about my own little bookmark collection I had a child.

CSI case file 92 - Layers of ink
Having been a constant reader from when I learnt how to read, I also always loved paper of course and it is no wonder I liked bookmarks. I had a little pile in a drawer next to my bed and liked to always change to a new one whenever I started with a new book, picking the bookmark carefully to fit with the book. From the evidence list I used: pearls, book pages, velvet ribbon, something dangling, charms, lace and a handmade flower. I got a bit side-tracked with the testimony and started writing it on a library card, only to instead make a bookmark for it.

I white washed a page from Tom Sawyer and used on the page. The stamped images were coloured with coloured pencils.

I made a gelli print for the background using pink paint (actually I made a lot of different ones, but this is the one I picked for this layout). After mixing the paint and brayering it to the gel plate, I pressed a Dylusions stencil at the top and a Ronda Palazzari feather stencil at the bottom.

A layout about bookmarks had to have some bookmarks. I made one for the title and one for the journaling, by cutting it from patterned paper. It was stamped with Stamp Your Story stamps from Hero Arts.

The background is watercolour cardstock. I smeared Weathered Wood Distress Ink on my craft sheet, misted with water and pressed the paper into it. When it was dry, I stamped it using the same ink. The bookmarks on the inspiration photo had such pretty dangles. I made one myself using twine, a shell flower bead and a little charm. I think my younger self would have liked this bookmark.

 I stamped the gelli print paper with a text stamp and Victorian Velvet Distress Paint. Always remember to clean your stamp immediately after stamping with paint.

The flower was made from old book paper, using Eileen Hull's Sizzix Fringed Flower die, which is a favourite of mine. I die cut it twice from text paper, leaving me with six flowers. They were inked, crunched up a bit and layered together.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will get some crafty time this weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Studio Calico 6 x 6 patterned paper; Neenah: Smooth Solar White cardstock, Smooth Cream Cardstock; Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; old book paper
Dies: Sizzix: 3-D Fringed Flower, Tag & Tie
Stamps: Hero Arts: La Lettre K5344, I love Books, Journal Letters CL697, Three Cats K5761; Artistic Outpost: Huck Finn, Think and Wonder, My Favourite Book; Graphic 45 School Days
Stencils: Dylusions: Letter Jumble; The Crafter's Workshop Ronda Palazzari: Mini Fancy Feathers
Ink: Distress Ink: Victorian Velvet, WeatheredWood; Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black; Stazon Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint: Victorian Velvet, Picket Fence: DecoArt Americana
Coloured Pencils: Derwent
Embellishments: Lace trim, velvet ribbon; bead; charm
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate 8 x 10

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely page ,I liked its soft look !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jättefin Lo, jag hade också en samling bokmärken, har faktiskt kvar dem och minns också att bokmärket var tvunget att passa ihop med boken. Men vissa var för fina för att användas också.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!