Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Singer Sewing Machine

Hello stampers! Today I have a card to share made with the new Darkroom Door Sewing Machine Eclectic stamp. I love the look of this vintage sewing machine and the stamp is so detailed.

Singer Sewing Machine - Layers of ink
I stamped the sewing machine on a die cut Eileen Hull Seed Packet pocket, which was inked and stamped with the French Script stamp for more texture. Inside the pocket, I tucked a clothes pattern and a button card and a safety needle card, cut from patterned paper. The same patterned paper was used for the background. I also added a piece of vintage fabric to the background and stitched everything in place. The sentiment comes from the Home Sweet Home set.
 
The Measuring Tape background was stamped on a piece of cream cardstock and I cut one of the tape strips out and inked it with Peeled Paint. It looks pretty much like the real thing. It is a great stamp to combine with the Sewing Machine.
 
Buttons were die cut from grungeboard, painted silver, sanded, inked and coated with Glossy Accents. I used some tiny wooden spools too.

Thank you for looking!! Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:

Darkroom Door products:
Stamps: Sewing Machine, Home Sweet Home, French Script, Measuring Tape

Other products:
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crowed Attic paper stash, Grungeboard; Neenah Smooth Cream cardstock; clothes pattern; fabric
Dies: Sizzix: Seed Packet, Labels & Buttons
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black; Distress Ink: Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap
Paint: Adirondack: Silver
Embellishments: Maya Road Mini Wooden Spools

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Anna-Karin! I am just now seeing this project- love all of your texture and elements as alway. That is a really cool stamp I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the card...the idea of pocket on card to hold things related to sewing is wonderful.The measuring tape n buttons look real..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! Pinned!. This card does remind me of my childhood. My grandmother used a sewing machine just like this. Sewing has been such a part of my family history. My mom made most of my clothes as I was growing up and my aunts and grandmother sold handmade crafts at the curb market. Beautiful card Anna-Karin!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage sewing machines, so this card really speaks to me. :-) Love it and thanks for sharing. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!