Saturday, October 19, 2013

CSI case file #94 - Ducks

Hi everyone! Here's this week's CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file:
 
I love the colour combo and the dark background, something I don't often use.
 
CSI case file 94 - Layers of ink
I had this photo of my mom and my son where he points to some ducks. He loves ducks and when he was smaller he called all ducks and geese 'kakka' (Swedish for duck is 'anka'). Now he thinks it is pretty fun that he used to call them that. From the evidence I used: black background, letters as a design element, silver metal and woodgrain. From the evidence I was inspired to tell a funny story.  
 
For the background I used a really old patterned paper I found in my stash (by Rusty Pickle I think). I white embossed it with a typewriter stamp and also stamped it with a circle stamp and white paint. Some of the white lines that you can see were added with paint and a Ranger scraper tool.

I love this new Overexposed Tree stamp by Hero Arts and stamped it with Archival Inks. I liked the way it looked in all the colours I tried and used them all. The words and hearts are die cut with Simon Says Stamp Exclusive dies.

I layered Core'dinations cardstock embossed in a wood plank folder, Birch wood paper and a piece of acetate which had been stamped with an alphabet stamp. The tall trees are also die cut with Simon Says Stamp dies.

The title was die cut from patterned paper and foil tape.

I hope you will join us this week!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Graphic 45: Typography 8 x 8; BasicGrey Birch paper; Ranger Metal Foil; Neenah Smooth Solar White cardstock; Rusty Pickle Patterned paper; Core'dinations Tim Holtz Color-Core cardstock; acetate
Dies: Sizzix: Wanted; Simon Says Stamp: Happy, Large Holiday Shapes, Life, Family, Love, Small Forest Tree, Tall Forest Tree
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Ink Splats & Wood Planks
Stamps: Hero Arts: Overexposed Tree G5838, Alphabet Pattern ST501, Texture and Shape LP283; Paper Artsy Words 2
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Saffron, Sienna; Stazon Cotton White
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Paint: Distress Paint Picket Fence

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing - every time I visit I just want to sit down and play .... maybe someday I will!
    Thanks for all the inspiration.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning LO! I love the dark background with the rich colours on top. The row of trees are so eye catching.
    Beautiful work as always!!! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful graphic textured sort of LO! i really love what you came up with. Very cleverly drawn from the inspiration! Really a successful use of elements from the inspiration. Enjoy gazing at the bold deep colors and layers used. Cute story as well!Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!