Thursday, October 31, 2013

12 tags of 2013 October

Hello everyone!! Today I am sharing my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 October. I finished it last week, but didn't get a chance to post it until now.
 
12 tags of 2013 October - Layers of ink
Instead of a Halloween tag, I made an autumn tag, using lots of Distress Glitter. I love Distress Glitter, and I am not always crazy about glitter. Apart from the great vintage shine, I really like that it doesn't end up everywhere. I used a great new die here, the Window & Window Box, and the little owl, which also appeared on my wax resist tutorial the other day.
 
The background was made same way as Tim made his with Distress Paint, but using neutral colours instead (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap). I stamped it with my favourite script stamp.
 
The window was die cut from grungeboard, inked with Antique Linen and covered with Antique Linen Distress Glitter. I used mica sheets for the windows, which is my favourite material to use for windows. You can get a similar effect with a transparency and alcohol inks. I first applied Glossy Accents to only the owl's body, sprinkled it with Tarnished Brass glitter and then applied Glossy Accents to the branch and ears, sprinkling them with Black Soot.  
 
A piece of lace trim was used as a curtain and I adhered the window with foam dots.
 
The mirror stars were coloured with alcohol inks (Ginger and Espresso) to fit the colours of the tag. 

The leaves were covered with Peeled Paint and Tarnished Brass glitter and tucked into the window box.

Thank you for stopping by!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Manila Cardstock; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard
Dies: Sizzix: Window & Window Box, Mini Owl & Crescent Moon, Mini Tattered Leaves
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Simple Sayings, Classics #9
Ink: Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain; Archival Ink: Jet Black, Potting Soil
Alcohol ink: Adirondack: Ginger, Espresso
Paint: Distress Paint: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
Glitter: Distress Glitter: Tarnished Brass, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, Black Soot
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Mirror Stars, Crinkle Ribbon; US ArtQuest Mica; lace trim

13 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful and I love how much the whole thing glitters. It's great if has more of a fall feel with all the brown and green. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your version. The neutral fall look is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous! I love the owl and window. I also love the glitter. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the glitter on it...lots of detailing onthe tag...its fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice and glittery Anna-Karin. Lovely work as usual. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's that fun owl again, but he's full of yummy glitter. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bling Anna-Karin. Such a pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful tag! I love how you played october's tag, really amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful anna karin. So amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful and amazing! I love all the glitter. (I am a bit of a glitter freak!) and the mica for the windows gives it such a soft glow. Your work is always so great to stop by and see. Thank you for inspiring and sharing all the tips and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh! This is gorgeous. Love your color palette. I seriously need more colors of Distress Glitter. The ones you use are positively amazing. I always love your details as well . The mica sheets for window panes and the lace for curtains. Wonderful tag!! - Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Anna-Karin - what rich, golden, glittering browns - brilliant take on Tim's tag!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!