Saturday, June 28, 2014

Together Quilling Layout

Hello Saturday! A new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge is up, here's the case file: 
 
 
My layout:
 
The July theme is weddings and this photo of my parents worked real well with the colours. From the evidence items I used: chevrons, numbers, flowers, stems, silver metal, fabric and stitching. From the testimony, I was inspired by the six-word memoir, using Chit Chat stickers. 
 
There was a time when I did a lot of quilling, and I had fun making fringed flowers and some greenery for this layout. I posted a tutorial for fringed flowers long ago, you can find it here.
 
I mixed some Iced Spruce paint into embossing paste and smeared through a Tim Holtz Chevron stencil. When it was dry, I stamped it with a love definition stamp and Watering Can ink. 
The background is watercolour paper coated with gesso. I did a wash with Mustard Seed Distress Paint. Before it was completely dry, a heart stencil was placed on top and I used a moist cloth to wipe off the paint. The Distress Damask stamps were stamped with Sap Green Archival ink and the text with Watering Can.
 

I also stamped a few flowers on the background, using the same green ink. Under the photo, there is an embossed piece of white cardstock, dry embossed vellum and some tulle. 

I covered some grungeboard with Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements fabric and die cut two hearts from it. The edges were frayed slightly. I also added a strip of the same fabric in the layers under the photo.

The Mini Old Jalopy was die cut from cardstock covered with foil tape. I painted it with Black Soot and wiped most of the paint off. The windows are a sheet of mica.

I don't know if you can see it, but there is a little bit of white paint on the tips of the fringed flower. I use a needle tool for my quilling.

Thank you so much for looking! I hope you'll join us in this week's challenge.

Happy scrapping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watercolour paper; Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper, Foil Tape; vellum
Dies: Sizzix: Mini Hearts, Mini Old Jalopy & Arrow, Vintage Market XL
Embossing folders: Sizzix: Chevron & Lattice, Burlap & Swirls
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Nature's Moments, Love Struck, Distress Damask, Random Quote; Stampers Anonymous: Classics #16
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Watering Can, Sap Green
Paint: Distress Paint: Mustard Seed, Black Soot, Picket Fence, Iced Spruce
Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Hearts, Chevrons
Medium: Ranger Dina Wakley: White Gesso; Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: White Embossing Paste
Quilling paper: Your Quilled Creations
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Fabric; Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Chit Chat Stickers, Game Spinners, Long Fasteners, Heart Charms, Mini Fasteners, Laboratorie Tissue Tape; US ArtQuest Mica; lace trim; tulle

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout. Love the colors and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout - the quilling works so beautifully to add detail and dimension, and I love the meadow grass stamping in the background. What a charming photo too of your parents too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a stunning layout - I love the quilling - its so delicate and looks awesome - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page layout, Anna-Karin! Love the yellows you've used and all of the fun textures you've incorporated! This is such a lovely page and such a wonderful tribute to your folks! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!