Saturday, June 14, 2014

Good Times


Hello everyone! Time for a new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge, also including a great Page Drafts sketch:



My layout:
I was so happy to get to meet Tim Holtz, Mario Rossi and Paula Cheney at the Scrapbook Convention earlier this year. Mario took the photo to the right. It was so much fun! I had a fantastic day and of course I had to document it on a scrapbooking page. From this week's evidence items I used: birds, bottle caps, buckle, check pattern, transportation image, and camera. And from the testimony, hidden journaling, which I use a lot since I often write too much to fit onto a page. 
 
I like to pick the colours of a combo out in inks first, and this week's colours in the form of Distress Ink were: Tattered Rose, Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce and Barn Door. I smeared the first three on my craft sheet, misted quite heavily with water and pressed the watercolour paper into the ink. When the paper was dry, I stamped it with various Tim Holtz stamps, inking the stamps up with the same three inks and misting with water before stamping. The red stamping was done with Archival Red Geranium and the black stamping with Jet Black.
 
The fun banners were made with the wonderful new ShadowPress Debossing folders. I used Ranger's Specialty Stamping paper and inked it with the three colours used on the background. The inked papers were stamped with the same colours, for a tone-on-tone effect. The Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough impressions are second generation (I stamped them off on scrap paper first). The folders were inked with Watering Can. After debossing the words, I cut the papers into banners.  

The arrows were die cut from grungeboard with the new Artful Arrows die, painted red, sanded slightly when dry and inked with Black Soot. The bottles caps were painted silver, and I used an ephemera label on each one. There are also some painted metal Idea-ology pieces here and there and tissue tape at the base and top of the page. I used a buckle and Ruler Tape under the photo.

The camera was die cut from grungeboard, painted black and accented here and there with silver.
 
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you will join us in this week's CSI challenge.
 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper; Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Grungeboard; Daler & Rowney Watercolour paper
Embossing folders: Sizzix: Authentic Set, Documented Set
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Ultimate Grunge, Bird Feather, Nature Walk, Typograhy, Purveyor, Marble & Doily, Graph & Croc
Ink: Distress Ink: Tattered Rose, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Black Soot; Archival Ink: Watering Can, Red Geranium, Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint: Picket Fence, Evergreen Bough, Black Soot, Barn Door; Adirondack: Silver
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Observations Word Bands, Elements Tissue Tape, Elements Remnant Rubs, Game Spinners, Expedition Ephemera Pack, Thrift Shop Ephemera Pack, Chit Chat stickers, Alpha Cards, Long Fasteners, Alpha Parts Framed, Buckles, Ruler Fabric Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I don't scrapbook but always admire your layouts! I love the colour combo. You have a great attention to detail! Love it! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic multi-colour stamping, and what a brilliant layout to showcase those fab photos! Love it...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful layout to remember such good times. Love how you added the de-bossed banners, they look great! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you did the birds, and the overall coloring of the background. The patterns blend in beautifully with just the right degree of subtle interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've combined so many of the requirements to create a layout so full of memories. That initial background of mixed inking and stamping really sets the scene for your photos and embellishments in a busy but not over fussy way and I love the altered arrows too. Must have been channelling this for my latest card!!! You are always so truly inspiring. Looking forward to your next make already. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!