Sunday, June 29, 2014

Laugh Today - Life Made Simple

Hello again! End of the month is busy here on the blog. Today I have another layout to share, made with the new Sizzix Life Made Simple dies by Rachel Bright.
 
These dies are perfect for pocket scrapbooking, although they are great for a lot of other things too, such as cardmaking. You can find another layout I made with them here. Today I thought I should use some patterned paper, since I don't do that as often anymore as I used to. The papers I used are Graphic 45 Mother Goose 6 x 6, which fit well together with my photos. I also decided to play around with some vellum overlays, something these dies with words worked great for. I took the panels out of the page protector, because it is too hard to photograph with the plastic on top.
 
The hot-air balloon and clouds were die cut from different patterned papers with one of the dies in the Laugh Today set. I cut off the frame around the balloon to make it into a freestanding embellishment.
 
The photo with the Dandelion was a bit blurry, but I still wanted to use it, because this is what he does every time I ask him to show a flower he picked for the camera. I didn't attach the vellum to the photo, so if you still want to see the photo in its original form, you can. The star panels come from the Stars set and I used the Basics set to die cut the photo and all the background papers. If you struggle with die cutting any detailed dies, place a sheet of wax paper between the paper and the die. It usually cuts perfectly then, like magic.
 
The train dies are great for any boy page and I pieced together die cuts from different papers. It is a great way to use tiny scrap of patterned papers.
 
Here's another vellum overlay, which will also be great for cardmaking. He is not laughing on these photos, concentrating on something else, but throwing water balloons is a favourite activity, so I thought it worked anyway.
 
The final block, with a die cut journaling panel. I also really like those small arrows. The journaling is about my son's love of playing outdoors, about water balloons and snakes.
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Happy crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Graphic 45: Mother Goose 6 x 6 paper pad; vellum
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Life Quotes Remnant Rubs, Words Remnant Rubs

2 comments:

  1. The sneak peeks through the vellum are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I missed this. A lovely page about your son!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!