Sunday, June 15, 2014

Seaside Art Jounal

Hi stampers! We are continuing our by the sea theme at Craft a Scene, and I worked in my art journal this week.
 
I wanted to make a simple watercolour scene using my Distress Inks. You could use watercolours too, but the inks are much easier to stamp with. The background was made by inking an acrylic block two thirds with Tumbled Glass, a little bit of Salty Ocean at the top, and Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap for the sand. I have a large acrylic block with is just right for the pages in my Small Creative Journal - the same technique was used on this page. When the background was dry, I painted a horizon line with the same blue inks and islands with Frayed Burlap.
 
To add movement to the water, I used Stampscapes Water Pattern stamp, inking it up with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Markers and misting with water before stamping. I stamped it on scrap paper first and then stamped another two or three times in the water.
 
The children, rocks and pebbles were all stamped with Frayed Burlap, again misting with water before stamping. The grasses were stamped with Gathered Twigs.
 
I stamped a sentiment with Tree Bark Archival Ink and added some dry-brushed texture to the grass with Frayed Burlap ink.
 
Thank you for looking! There is still plenty of time to join us in this month's challenge.
 
Happy stamping!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampscapes: Flock 112A, Rock 130B, Running Kids 230B, Water Pattern 231C, Reeds 067B, Pebbles 265A, Rocks and Grass 301A, Scenic Sentiment Sheet 4
Ink: Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap; Archival Ink: Tree Bark
Markers: Distress Markers: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean
Surfaces: Ranger Dylusions Small Creative Journal

 


6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece . . . I love the watercolor softness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... just beautiful. This made me breathe more deeply, and made me deeply nostalgic. Those children are magical, and the water texture stamp is amazingly effective. A wonderful, moving work of art.

    Hope you're enjoying a lovely Sunday, Anna-Karin.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pages Anna Karin and I love that quote from Lao Tsu - I read the tao te ching at the tender age of 16 - perhaps its time for a revisit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages. Fantastic stamping and colors. It would be great to be in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is one of my all-time favorites of your work! The children add a wonderful connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!