Saturday, August 25, 2012

Relax: CSI case file #34

Hello Saturday! Another awesome CSI challenge, case file #34, went live yesterday evening. One of my favourite things with CSI is how it makes me do new things. The combination of the inspiration photo, the colour combo, the journaling part and the inspiration part is just the best. At the moment there is a DT call at CSI, it is a wonderful team to be on, you can find all the info here.

This week’s colour combo is soft and muted, here’s the case file:

The inspiration photo made me want to use some watercolour paint:

From the evidence items I used: wet medium, birds, waves, watercolour. From the testimony items: journaling about ways to relax.

I painted a basic watercolour background, using a bit of masking fluid on the water, and to mask spots for the flowers. The horizon line was masked with masking tape. I don’t think I managed to get the colour combo spot on when mixing the paint. Watercolour paint also dries lighter, which makes it a bit harder to get the colours right. After the sky, water and sand was dry, I removed the masking fluid and painted the flowers and the grass, a few birds in the sky and added some texture to the sand with dry-brushing. I scratched out pebbles with my craft knife and added a little shadow at each one.

I developed the photo in two sizes, but I think the perfect size would have been somewhere in between. I am slightly too large on this one, but looked like a Lilliput person on the other photo. On the original photo, I am sitting on a rock looking out over the sea. I added a paper flower to my hair, a stamped butterfly, some pearls and a word band. After gluing the cut-out photo to the background, I painted a rough shadow, so that it didn’t look as if I was floating above the grassy hill.

The journaling is at the back of the layout, it reads:
‘There are no better places in which to relax than out in nature, next to the sea on an empty beach, listening to the waves and looking at the birds in the sky. The smell and sound of the sea. Such a perfect day should preferably begin and end with a bike ride through a forest to go to the sea, no car driving whatsoever – in fact, there should be no cars in sight anywhere along the way’

Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Hero Arts alphabet stamps, Hello There CL553; Jenni Bowlin Spice Tin ink; Daler & Rowney watercolour paint and paper; Tim Holtz idea-ology word band; Prima flower; pearls.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Anna-Karin what a a super piece well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna this page for me is the best in this CSI case, completely stunning...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!