Saturday, August 11, 2012

Brave – CSI case file #32

I love this week’s case file at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Don’t miss all the gorgeous layouts by the DT and guests. I hope you can play along with us this week!

Such a gorgeous inspiration photo! I am very fond of sea glass with its matted surface, irregular shapes and shades of blue and green. I created some faux sea glass for my layout:

From the evidence items I used: stars, translucent items, wet medium, something grainy, mesh, gauze and dots. And I journaled about a beach trip, the first time my son swam in a lake.

I used kraft cardstock for the background and misted Studio Calico Mr Huey white mist over a star and a dot stencil.

For the title, I remembered these really old Heidi Grace plastic tags I’ve had in my stash since my early days of scrapbooking. There was a transluscent, matte one that was perfect for this page. The title and the borders were added to it with rub-ons. I attached it to the layout with a giant brad.

I wanted to imitate the sea glass somehow, and ended up using matte shrink plastic cut into irregular shapes. If you only have clear shrink plastic, you could sand it first to make it matte. The shapes were shrunk and coloured with alcohol inks (Stonewashed, Sailboat Blue, Pool), on the side that was shiny.

 The sea glass pieces were layered on mesh, washi and fabric tape and gauze, adding a bit of twine too.

The journaling is printed on a long tag, attached behind the layout with a paper clip and it is about my son just walking on his own straight into the water the first time he was at a lake in summer time. As it got deeper, my sister helped him to walk a bit further out. A bit later a wave knocked him over and the next time, he was a bit more careful of the water, which was probably a good thing.

Thank you for looking!! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Studio Calico wood veneer shapes and Mr Huey white mist; Crafter’s Workshop star and dotted stencils; Panduro shrink plastic; Ranger alcohol inks: Stonewashed, Sailboat Blue, Pool; magic mesh; Fabscraps fabric tape; You Do washi tape; American Crafts rub-ons; Heidi Grace ellements plastic tags.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious page! I really like how you made your own beach glass! Perfect!!! And the mesh is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your pages are lovely to look at, and your photos tell such a wonderful story on your page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!