Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blue Night: Craft a Scene August

Hi everyone! A new month and a new challenge theme at Craft a Scene. We have a broad topic this month: any kind of outdoorsy scene. Don’t miss all the great scenes the DT made – and remember that new inspiration is posted every Sunday on the Craft a Scene blog.

I love looking at starry skies and wanted to do a night scene:

This is a tall scene (11x4.5 in), a real fun format to work with. The grey cardstock is not there in real life, I just placed the card on it to take the photo. I stamped the Milky Way and Star Birth with Archival Ink Jet Black and the clouds and the waves with Denim ink. The scene is done on glossy cardstock and coloured with dye inks using a Colorbox Stylus tool (see here for a tutorial using different colours), starting with the lightest shade (Aqua) and gradually building up colour. Quite a lot of the sea was left the white of the paper. I added a little bit of pink to warm up the scene. Highlights were added with a white gel pen and mist with white pigment ink.

Luckily the little fishing boat got away safely from the big wave!

Thank you for looking! I hope you will play along with us this month!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampscapes: Cloud Cumulus 019G, Milky Way 059G, Flock 112A, Fishing Boat 164A, Star Birth 217G, The Great Wave 270G, Waves Sm. 297C; Adirondack Aqua, Stonewashed, Denim, Stream, Pitch Black; Jenni Bowlin Bubble Gum; Archival Ink Jet Black; Colorbox Frost White ink; Kromekote glossy cardstock.

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful :)
    It`s like a fairytale....I love the colors and the dramatic look :)

    Wish you a happy week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is astonishing! The depth of that starry sky stretching to infinity, and the textures and movement of clouds and water immaculately created. Fascinated to check out the tutorial just to see how it's done - no way I'm attempting it!! Very glad to hear the boat gets away too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Wow, this should be on the cover of a book about stamping ... your coloring is so awesome. I'm a new follower! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dark backgrounds. And I totally love just looking at your creation. Reminds me of a dream. Love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly stellar work!!! This took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS!!! I have never seen something this amazing that wasn't an oil painting. I am totally amazed by the talent that shows in this scene.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is stunning! I love it! I want a large sized piece on my wall - really, lol! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!