Sunday, August 19, 2012

Earth laughs in flowers

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my second card for this month Craft a Scene challenge: any outdoorsy scene. There is still lots of time to play along!

I felt like doing a watercolour scene:

First, the trees, fence and stones were stamped with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink on watercolour paper. After letting them dry for a while, I applied masking fluid to the Birch trees, and many dots of masking fluid in the grass, because I wanted to add flowers there later. I was happy to discover that the masking fluid didn’t affect the Archival ink at all, lots easier than cutting out a mask for the tree. Let the masking fluid dry completely before continuing.

I painted the scene with watercolours, starting with the sky. The hill in the distance is lighter than the grass areas at the front, which adds to a sense of distance. When it was dry, I added some birds to the sky, shadows at the oak tree and the fence and grasses. Texture was added to the grass by dry-brushing. After everything was dry again, I rubbed off the masking fluid and painted the flowers pink and red, and added a bit of grey and green to the Birch trees. Finally, the sentiment was stamped on the scene, using Jet Black ink and a stamp positioner.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampscapes: Oak Tree Sm. 177B, Fence 289D, Old Fence 293C, 3 Rocks and Grass 299B, Rocks and Grass 301A; Sutter Right Birch stamp; Daler & Rowney watercolours, watercolour paper and masking fluid.

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Anna-Karin! Your watercolouring is always so beautiful... and what an amazing sentiment - perfect! Must remember to put masking fluid on the shopping list by the look of things...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely - the red flowers look great on the green. I've never used masing fluid but I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna-Karin,
    Wow this is really pretty! I too will have to look for that masking fluid, I never heard of it. I also must get going on my scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many details. It's beautiful!

    Cindi (iring)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!