Friday, August 10, 2012

12 tags of 2012 August

Hi everyone! Today I have my version of Tim Holtz's August 12 tags of 2012 to share. I had lots of fun making this shimmery tag:

I used another frame stamp than Tim did and stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed. It fit nicely within the oval Book Cover embossing folder. I didn’t have a silhouette stamp that was small enough, so instead I decided to use one of the three gentlemen from the Steampunk set, masking the other two out when inking the stamp. The embossed parts were painted with silver dabber and I used Antique Linen, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap and Pitch Black for the inking of the tag. The base of the tag was cut with the Brackets On the Edge die.

The pinecone was die-cut from four different colours kraft core cardstock, sanded and rolled into roses. I cut off a little bit of two of them before rolling, to make smaller flowers. They were inked with Frayed Burlap and a bit of Antique Linen Distress Stickles were added to them. The leaves and branches were cut with the Autumn Gatherings die, sanded, inked and coated with a bit of Antique Linen Distress Stickles.

 When everything was assembled, the tag was misted heavily with Biscotti Perfect Pearls and water (as usual the effect is hard to photograph).

I die-cut a tiny tag from grungeboard, painted it silver, sanded and inked, added a Chit Chat sticker and covered with Glossy Accents. The crinkle ribbon was dyed with Aged Mahogany and Frayed Burlap.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Steampunk and Mini Ornates; Sizzix: Tattered Pinecone Bigz,Tiny Tabs & Tags Bigz, Autumn Gatherings Sizzlits, Brackets On the Edge die, Book Covers set texture fade, Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Pitch Black, Aged Mahogany; Adirondack Silver paint dabber; Archival ink Jet Black Ink; Antique Linen Distress Stickles; Versafine Onyx Black; Biscotti Perfect Pearls; Tim Holtz idea-ology chit chat stickers, hanger, crinkle ribbon, grungeboard and Core’dinations kraft core cardstock; lace trim and twine

11 comments:

  1. I love your take on the tag. I need to try making a tag using your technique. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is great! I like that you used a man's face instead of a woman's -- it is different and out of the box! You did a wonderful job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous take on the tag - love it! So many details...how clever to make the tiny tag with the glossy coating - might just have to copy that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice renditon of Tims August Tag. I like how you added the distress stickles to the petal edge. And I have to admire anyone who could do the embossing technique the way Tim did- I really struggled with getting a good outcome with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way this tag turned out, very creative use of the man stamp and your roses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous, I think everyone has really risen to this challenge so many beauties yours included x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think my first comment went through but this is a gorgeous take on the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEKKK!!! Delicious!! This is my second time here, first time on the ipad, second time on the pc to get a good gander at all the coolness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love, love this, from the grungy yet pretty colours and your little embellishments, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful version of the August tag, I love the colours and the masculine twist :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your FUN take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!