Saturday, August 18, 2012

CSI case file #33

Hi everyone! Time for another CSI case file, an awesome nautical looking one. Don't miss the stunning layouts by the DT and guests:



Love the clean lines and where inspired to do a rather clean-lined double layout. I just had to scrap these photos after seeing that inspiration photo:

From the evidence I used: clouds, woodgrain, white background, triangles, nautical elements. From the testimony: journaling strips.

I am sorry about the poor quality of some of the photos of this layout, I couldn’t get even lighting for some reason, even though I tried on three different days. All the white areas, are equally white in real life. Here are shots of the individual pages:

Lots of photos on this double layout, and I am adding even more on a paper behind the layout. I took these photos on an outing to a coastal little town, love all the different wooden houses, built pretty close together.

I embellished the layout pretty simply, just some stamping and some die-cuts. The boat, light house and birds were stamped and coloured lightly with coloured pencils. The clouds and nautical stamps were stamped with French Ultramarine Archival Ink. For the title, I used some quite old Making Memories cardboard letters, and dry-brushed some red paint on top.

The cute banners are made with an off cut piece from the Harlequin die (thank you Shelly for this tip!). The twine was attached with mini stapels.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you can play along with us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Crafty Individuals and Beeswax stamps; Sizzix Harlequin Sizzlits die; Versafine Onyx Black ink; Ranger Archival Ink French Ultramarine; FabScraps, BoBunny and Kaisercraft patterned papers; Core’dinations cardstock; Making Memories letters; twine; Derwent coloured pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!