Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Stamped Acorn Tag

Hello stampers! It is the last day of STAMPtember® and I am going to finish the month with a tag using mainly stamping techniques.

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.

Layers of ink - Stamped Acorn Tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

I had this idea of creating an organic looking, textured background, inspired by moss against a blue autumn sky. I paired it up with an acorn, a small thing which can create something very large. I used shades of green and blue combined with gold to get the feeling I wanted. 

Emboss Tim Holtz Croc background.

Start by stamping Tim Holtz Croc background on a heavystock tag. Sprinkle most of it with gold embossing powder, I left a trail without gold powder and added white powder there instead.

Ink with Distress Ink.

Ink with Distress Inks. The embossing will resist the ink.

Mist with Distress Spritz.

Mist some areas with Distress Spritz to create shimmer.

Stamp with Simon Says Stamp Old Letter.

When dry, stamp with Simon Says Stamp Old Letter, for extra texture.

Watercolor Tim Holtz Autumn Blueprint with Distress Ink.

Stamp Tim Holtz Autumn Blueprint acorn on watercolor paper. Smear Distress Ink on a non-stick craft sheet, mist with water and pick up with a paint brush.

Splatter with Distress Watercolor Pencils.

Splatter Distress Watercolor Pencils on the tag. Dip the pencil in water and flick a paint brush against it. 

Gold emboss Tim Holtz Grunged.

I wanted some gold on the acorn too, and added dots with one of the stamps from Tim Holtz Grunged and gold powder.

Shape with a shaping tool.

Cut out the acorn and shape it with Tim Holtz Shaping Kit.

Die cut with Simon Says Stamp Harvest Heirloom.

Die cut foliage with Simon Says Stamp Harvest Heirloom. I die cut it from green, inky blue and gold metallic papers. Later, I ended up not using the green ones.


The tag was tied with a mix of ribbons. Two of them are May Arts Faux Wrinkled Faux Silk Ribbon dyed with Distress Ink.

Stamp with Tim Holtz Tiny Text.

I cut 'acorn' out from the stamped image and gold embossed the edges. The second sentiment was stamped with Tim Holtz Tiny Text.


I cut off a part of the blue foliage. I also added a piece of twine, which had been misted and wrapped around a pencil. The acorn was adhered with two layers of Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Foam Tape.


This sentiment also comes from Tim Holtz Tiny Text. There is cheese cloth dyed with Distress Ink behind the acorn.

Die cut with Tim Holtz Sizzix Vault Edges.

The title was die cut with Tim Holtz Sizzix Vault Edges, from inky blue and gold metallic cardstock. Off-set slightly. I really like the look of metallic cardstock used like this.


Here you can see the shimmer from the spritz better. I also added sequins and more ribbons.

Layers of ink - Stamped Acorn Tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.


Thank you for visiting my blog today!




Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!