Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Chilly Ghost Tag Tutorial

Hello friends! Today I have a fun Halloween tag to share with cute ghosts who are a little cold and need hats.

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.

STAMPtember® continues at Simon Says Stamp and here I used one of the STAMPtember® exclusive sets, namely the Swirling Ghosts die set.

Layers of ink - Chilly Ghost Tag Tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

The Simon Says Stamp Swirling Ghosts die set contains four different ghosts and four different types of hats. I die cut the hats from different kinds of paper and also from glitter cardstock. The background was done with watercolors and cling wrap.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Swirling Ghosts.

I had a piece of gessoed paper, which had been painted with leftover Antique Linen and Pumice Stone. I decided to die cut the Swirling Ghosts from that paper. The heats were die cut from left over inky and watercolored papers, from patterned paper and from Simon Says Stamp glitter cardstock in orange and black.

Watercolor and cling wrap.

Cut tags from watercolor paper and paint with watercolors. Scrunch up cling wrap and leave on top until the tags are dry.  It will form interesting textures. 

Add bats with Tim Holtz stencil.

I added the Tim Holtz Batground with dark blue and black ink.

Mist through Tim Holtz Bubble stencil.

For some bling, I misted Peacock Feathers Distress Spritz through Tim Holtz Bubble stencil.

Ink the edges.

Ink the edges with Scorched Timber.


Shape the ghosts a little and adhere with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Foam Tape. Give each ghost a unique hat and mat on a glitter version, off-setting slightly.


I added a piece of black cardstock behind the eyes of each ghost.


The stamped sentiment comes from Tim Holtz Spooky Spirits.


The sentiments were stamped on inky paper. This one also comes from Tim Holtz Spooky Spirits. I also added Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Dazzling Black Gems.


I had added a pattern into the gesso with a palette knife, giving the ghosts just enough texture.


These hats will be great for winter projects too. 


This sentiment is from Tim Holtz Tiny Text Halloween. 

Layers of ink - Chilly Ghost Tag Tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

Don't miss all the inspiration during STAMPtember®!





Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!