Monday, September 28, 2026

Sunflower Garden Scene

 Hello stampers! I hope you had a fun weekend with lots of crafty time. 

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.


This week we have a Use more than one stencil theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I hope you will join us! It is also the last week for our September guest designer Debbie Emmons.

Layers of ink - Sunflower garden scene tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

We have an absolutely fantastic sunflower plant and I hope the frost will stay away as long as possible, so that we can enjoy it longer. This page is all about that plant, with the addition of a picket fence (which we do not have unfortunately), greenery and lots of cute mushrooms. I used three stencils for the background.

Coat ledger page with gesso.

Start by coating a page in Dina Wakley's Ledger Journal with gesso. I added a thin coat, since I wanted the text to show through. 

Paint with Distress Paint.

Paint with watered down Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina and mist with more water to blend. 

Use Tim Holtz Flourish stencil.

When dry, sponge Mermaid Lagoon through Tim Holtz Flourish stencil. 

Apply texture paste through Simon Says Stamp Bubbles.

Mix a little Ripe Persimmon into texture paste and apply with a palette knife through Simon Says Stamp Bubble stencil.

Mist with Distress SPritz.

When the paste is dry, mist Saltwater Taffy Distress Spritz through Tim Holtz Bubble stencil.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Garden Fence.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Garden Fence from inky or watercolored papers. 

Mist Simon Says Stamp Small Sunflower with Spritz.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Little Sunflower Bloom from inky yellow and brown papers. I also die cut some smaller flowers using Wildflower Bucket. Mist with Distress Spritz Squeezed Lemonade and Walnut Stain.

Assemble paper sunflowers.

Ink the edges of the back part of the fence. Shape the sunflowers with Tim Holtz Shaping Kit and assemble.

Die cut and mist leaves.

Die cut lots of leaves from inky papers using Simon Says stamp Lively Leaf Corner. Mist some of the with Distress Spritz. 


Shape the leaves. I made more than I needed and will use these on future projects. 

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Pocketful of Mushrooms.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Pocket Full of Mushrooms from inky papers. You will see some of these on a project tomorrow too. 

Assemble paper mushrooms.

Shape the mushrooms and assemble. I used Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Foam Tape for the larger mushrooms.

Stamp with Tim Holtz Nature's Wonder.

Stamp the sentiment on inky paper with Tim Holtz Nature's Wonder.


Combining stencils with different media adds interest to the background. Here you see Distress Paint, Texture Paste mixed with paint and Distress Spritz. 


The text in the background shows through, but only enough to give texture. The foliage comes from Simon Says Stamp Harvest Heirloom.


I dyed cheese cloth with Distress Ink and glued under the fence. These Pocket Full of Mushrooms are so cute. 


I die cut the stems from Simon Says Stamp Divine Peony.


The flowers are very shimmery from the spritz, but it doesn't show well in the photos.
 
Simon Says Stamp Beautiful die.

The title was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Beautiful from inky paper. The stamped sentiment comes from Tim Holtz Tiny Text. 

Tiny paper mushrooms.

I used mainly neutral mushrooms with the addition of a few colorful ones. Tuck leaves in here and there. 




Don't miss the last days of STAMPtember® at Simon Says Stamp!

Join us this week in our Use More Than One Stencil challenge! You have a chance to win a $25 gift voucher to do some fun shopping at Simon Says Stamp. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.



Do you use Instagram? If so please add #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too.





Thank you so much for visiting today! 

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!