Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® Blog Party

Hello and welcome to my blog! The best month of the creative year has begun and I am happy to take part in the blog party to celebrate the start of STAMPtember® at Simon Says Stamp. This is the 17th STAMPtember®! There will as lots of inspiration, creativity and surprises!

I am happy to be a part of the huge blog party to celebrate the start of STAMPtember®!

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.



STAMPtember® is a month-long celebration of stamping at Simon Says Stamp, with inspiration, new products and surprises. You can find the beginning of the blog party on the Simon Says Stamp Store Blog. It is a big party, with stops from all over the world!

There is of course also a big new exclusive STAMPtember® release. The STAMPtember® release is full of fantastic new stamps of course, but also dies, stencils, inks and paper products. So much! You can find it all here.


I also have a free gift for you. You will get the exclusive Celebration Balloons Embossing Folder and Dies with a qualifying purchase, if you use the code CBEFD. It is valid while supplies last.

I made a tag, but you can easily turn it into a card instead.

Layers of ink - Pumpkin STAMPtember tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

I made an pumpkin tag with lots of texture. I really like the shape of the new Simon Says Stamp A7 Notched Rectangles and thought they could be turned into a tag. Since the die set includes 13 dies, you can easily create a layered effect. I also used the Harvest Heirloom die set, the To Friendship stamp set and the Pumpkin Wreath embossing folder, all from the STAMPtember® release.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Notched Rectangles.

Start by die cutting a A7 Notched Rectangle from watercolor paper.

Emboss in Simon Says Stamp folder.

Ink the Simon Says Stamp Pumpkin Wreath folder with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap. Mist the paper with water and emboss.

Color with Distress Watercolor pencils.

When dry, watercolor the design with Distress Watercolor Pencils. I dip the pencil in water and pick the paint up with a paint brush. 

Ink with Distress Ink.

Ink the edges.

Splatter with watercolor pencil.

Splatter with three shades of Distress Watercolor Pencils. Dip in water and flick a paint brush against the pencil.

Die cut more tags.

Die cut two more Simon Says Stamp A7 Notched Rectangles. One from inky green paper and one from kraft cardstock. Stitch around the focal panel with a sewing machine. Punch a hole and add a reinforcer. If you don't want to use the big pumpkin, you can stop here and stamp a sentiment in the wreath.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Harvest Heirloom.

Die cut the pumpkin from Simon Says Stamp Harvest Heirloom, from watercolor paper.

Stamp Simon Says Stamp To Friendship.

White emboss one of the sentiments from Simon Says Stamp To Friendship. Lots of great sentiments on this set!

Ink with Distress Ink.

Smear Distress Ink on a non-stick craft sheet, mist with water and press the pumpkin into the ink. Let dry.

Add more ink.

Repeat, until you are happy with the look. 


I also added a little brown Distress Ink and some Distress Oxide ink in the same way.

Splatter with paint.

Finally, I splattered some watercolor pencils on the pumpkin too.

Die cut leaves with Simon Says Stamp Heirloom die set.

The Harvest Heirloom set also contains a whole bunch of very versatile leaves and foliage. Die cut from inky green papers.


Shape to give them life.


I tied the tag with Wrinkled Faux Silk Ribbon dyed with Distress Ink and two additional ribbons.

Distress the edges.

To Friendship also comes from Simon Says Stamp To Friendship and was stamped on inky orange paper. Such a great little sentiment stamp! Distress the edges of the tag layers.


Glue leaves and a stem to the pumpkin. I adhered the pumpkin to the background with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Foam Tape. 


Splattering with Distress Watercolor Pencils adds a nice texture.

Layers of ink - Pumpkin STAMPtember tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

Shape the pumpkin before adhere it to the tag, to add dimension. 


This is such a lovely sentiment.


Much of the background is covered by the pumpkin, but you can still spot some of the dry embossed design.


Tuck the foliage in here and there and add Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Dazzling Sunbeam Gems.

Layers of ink - Pumpkin STAMPtember tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.


Don't miss all the inspiration along the blog party. All the links are available at the Simon Says Stamp Store blog. Throughout the month there will be surprises. Don't miss it!

There is also a s special STAMPtember® Gallery where you can find inspiration and add your own projects.




Thank you for visiting! See you soon again!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.



2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love all of the layers! I love your step-by-step instructions! I really want to try this. I have not tried a lot of mixed media. This will help me so much! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous tag! I always love all your details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!