Monday, August 31, 2026

Petal Tipped Card

Hello friends! A couple of days ago, the weather changed and I can now feel autumn in the air. I hope you had a good weekend. Lots of much needed rain fell here. It is the last day of August, which also means that STAMPtember® starts tomorrow at Simon Says Stamp. The best stamping month of the year.

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.


It is Monday again and this week we have a Get in Shape theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. Use any shape but squares. Fun! Don't miss the last project by our August guest designer Cassie Lynch.

Layers of ink - Petal Tipped Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

I made a petal tipped card for this week, with fun textures and shimmer. Shaped cards are fun to make! The cardbase and front were die cut with the Simon Says Stamp Petal-Tipped Labels set. I used an embossing folder to great the pattern with the small flowers.

Dry emboss Simon Says Stamp Flower Puff.

Apply embossing ink to Simon Says Stamp Flower Puff embossing folder. Emboss watercolor paper. Sprinkle white embossing powder on top and return the excess to the jar. Emboss.

Ink and mist the background.

Smear Wilted Violet and Salty Ocean on a non-stick craft sheet and mist with water. Press the paper into the ink. Then mist Salty Ocean Distress Spray Stain in a few places and Picked Raspberry Distress Spritz for shine.

Die cut with Simon Says Stamp Petal Tipped Labels.

Die cut with Simon Says Stamp Petal-Tipped Labels. Fold the cardbase and place the edge of the die just outside the folded edge. 


The second panel was die cut from left-over watercolor paper and misted slightly using the same inks.

Die cut butterflies.

Die cut Simon Says Stamp Bright Butterflies from inky or watercolored paper. Die cut the bodies from the Flourish Butterfly Trio from purple glitter cardstock.

The cardbase.

The open card looks like this. I will stamp or write a sentiment when I have a recipient for this card. The base is die cut from Simon Says Stamp Mint cardstock.

Glue butterflies to background.

Fold the wings of the butterflies and glue to the background.


I also added some Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Dazzling Prism Gems. The Prism gems partly take on the colors of the project, depending on the light.


The background is shimmery, but you can't see all the shimmer in the photos.

Die cut sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Paper Cut Words.

Die cut hello from Simon Says Stamp Paper Cut Words Vol. 1, from blue glitter cardstock and from watercolored cardstock. I misted the latter with a little Picked Raspberry Distress Spritz. The sentiment was stamped on the same paper as the butterflies were die cut from, using Simon Says Stamp A Little Artsy and Prize Ribbon Archival Ink.

Layers of ink - Petal Tipped Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

A shaped card is a fun surprise for the recipient.


Join us this week in our Get in Shape challenge! You have a chance to win a $25 gift voucher to do some fun shopping at Simon Says Stamp. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.



Do you use Instagram? If so please add #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too.





Thank you so much for visiting today! 

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!