Monday, August 17, 2026

Seahorse tag

Hello crafters! I hope all is well! School starts again this week, but we still hope for a bit more of summer.

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.




At the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog we have an On/Under the Sea theme this week. Fun! Don't miss the project by our August guest designer Cassie Lynch!

Layers of ink - Seahorse tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

I went with Under the Sea and created a shiny and shimmery shaker tag using a stencil, texture paste, Stickles, acetate, alcohol ink, stamping, sequins and gems. The focal image is a Tim Holtz Nautical Blueprint image.

Stamp Tim Holtz Nautical Blueprint.

Start by cutting a tag from Simon Says Stamp acetate and stamp the Tim Holtz Nautical Blueprint seahorse with Stazon ink. I wanted the right-hand line to be closer to the edge of the tag and didn't stamp the entire image.

Color with alcohol ink.

Turn the acetate around and color the seahorse with Valencia and Butterscotch alcohol ink. 

Color background with alcohol ink.

Color the background with alcohol ink too. I used Limeade, Pool and Turquoise. To create bubbles, use Alcohol Blending Solution on felt and dot on the background.

Stamp sentiments and dots.

Turn the tag around and stamp sentiments with Stazon ink. I also stamped dots with Tim Holtz Psychedelic Grunge.

Paint with Pumice stone.

Coat a tag with gesso and let dry. Apply texture paste through Simon Says Stamp Bubbles stencil, from the new Every Happiness release. Paint the edges with watered-down Pumice Stone.

Add Stickles.

Apply Unicorn Stickles all over the tag. Let dry.

Add Simon Says Stamp sequins.

I placed a strip of paper at the bottom of the tag since the sentiment on the acetate didn't read well otherwise. Sprinkle Simon Says Stamp Mist and Cottontail embellishments in the center of the tag.

Stitch around the edges.

Stitch around the edges with a sewing machine.

Add Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Dazzling Gems.

I glued Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Dazzling Mandarin Gems in three places, to add more orange.


The texture paste dots are visible through the acetate, as is the glitter.


This saying is a favorite of mine, from Tim Holtz Nature's Wonder.


The orange seahorse contrasts nicely with the blue and green shades. You can also see the glitter in the background.


Here you can see how the paper strip in the background helps the sentiment be more readable. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Tiny Text.

Layers of ink - Seahorse tag tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and tag!

Join us this week in our On/Under the Sea challenge! You have a chance to win a $25 gift voucher to do some fun shopping at Simon Says Stamp. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.



Do you use Instagram? If so please add #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too.





Thank you so much for visiting today! 

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!