Hi friends! I hope you had a fun weekend! School has started. It is starting to get chillier and darker in the evenings.
Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
At the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog we have an Lots of Layers theme this week. I love adding layers to my projects, layers in all forms. Don't miss the stunning project by our August guest designer Cassie Lynch!
The background is from my recent gel printing session. Here I used papers embossed in Simon Says Stamp Stitching Sampler and Star Lattice. I liked the warm feeling of both the patterns, the colors and the distressing and thought it fit well with the theme.
Stamp the berries from Paper Artsy Fodder Berry Edition. I masked out the name of the plant when inking since these aren't really blackcurrants. They had to do as blackcurrants for this project.
Color with pencils. I used Prismacolors.
Add white highlights with a gel pen.
Sponge Salvaged Patina through Simon Says Stamp Bubbles stencil.
Next add som marks with Walnut Stain and Tim Holtz Speckles.
For a little shimmer, mist Distress Spritz Antique Linen through Tim Holtz Sparkle Fade.
I thought the berries were too blue and added more of a currant shade to them.
Stamp Tim Holtz School Desk alphabet here and there.
Stamp Tim Holtz Flower Jar on Simon Says Stamp Acetate with Stazon ink.
Color on the back with alcohol ink. Later, I added more currant.
The colors of the berries and the way they hang from the branches aren't quite correct, but that doesn't matter. I didn't want to make them as dark as they are in real life since I wanted to use several colors and shades.
This sentiment comes from Simon Says Stamp Be Your Beautiful Self.
I dotted the jars with a Q-tip and blending solution to get the dotted look.
The title was die cut from Simon Says Stamp black cardstock using Tim Holtz Vault World Travel.
I like that the jar comes in two sizes. Here you can also see the shimmer from the Distress Spritz layer.
Summer was stamped with Simon Says Stamp Chill Vibes.
Pencils work well on background gel printed with acrylic paint.
Join us this week in our Lots of Layers challenge! You have a chance to win a $25 gift voucher to do some fun shopping at Simon Says Stamp. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.
Do you use Instagram? If so please add #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too.
Thank you so much for visiting today!
Happy crafting!
Anna-Karin
Supplies:
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.





















%20(1).jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!