Hi friends! We have sunflowers in the garden and they are gorgeous right now. One is really tall, while another one is a great shade of brown/maroon. This card was inspired by the sunflowers.
Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
I wanted to make a field of sunflowers in different height and sizes and used the new Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Meadow stamp set. It is from the Every Happiness collection. After stamping, I just added sentiments, jewels and stitching.
The stamps in the Sunflower Meadow set are meant to be stamped in layers and they are numbered (A1, A2, A3 and so on), to make it easy to see which stamps belong together. I used various Distress Inks for the stamping and misted with water after inking. The background is a very lightly colored blue watercolor paper.
I smeared Tumbled Glass on a non-stick craft sheet, misted with water and tapped the top of the paper into the ink. I wanted more blue in the sky. The flower to the right by mistake got too much water and became a little to messy for my liking as it didn't fit with the other flowers. I later cut it off.
Distress the edges and stitch with a sewing machine. The sentiments are also from Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Meadow.
Don't worry if the stamping isn't perfect. Watercolor stamping is a bit unpredictable. My favorite flower is the one to the right here.
The smaller flowers and foliage in the set are very useful.
Happy crafting!
Anna-Karin
Supplies:
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!