Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Cosmos Flowers in Colored Pencil

Hello crafters! Today I have a project to share with colored pencils on patterned paper.

Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.

Layers of ink - Cosmos Flowers in Colored Pencil tutorial by Anna-Karin Evaldsson.

One of my favorite techniques is to stamp on patterned paper and color the images with pencils. Here I stamped in Dina Wakley's Ledger Journal on a paper with both script and lines. Both of these shine through the penciling. 

Stamp with Paper Artsy Cosmos Edition.

Start by stamping Paper Artsy Cosmos Edition by Alison Bomber. I used Simon Says Stamp Masking Paper to mask one of the flowers. Use a pen to extend the stems.

Color with Prismacolors.

I colored the flowers with pencils, using Prismacolors. For the lighter flowers I used a white pencil for blending.

Stamp sentiments.


White emboss Simon Says Stamp Pepita Pattern.

White emboss Simon Says Stamp Pepita Background here and there. I also white embossed dots from A Little Artsy in some of the flower centers.


Ink the page with Distress Ink. 

Stamp with Simon Says Stamp Swiss Dots.

Stamp Simon Says Stamp Swiss Dots with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed.


I also added some words and numbers from Tim Holtz Correspondence.


And some stars too.


I used pink inks for some of the sentiments so that there would be more pink on the page than just the flowers.


I made most of the flowers darker towards the center.


I missed blending some lines, but only saw it when I edited the photos. It doesn't really show otherwise.


I let stray embossing powder be since it adds texture.

White emboss dots.

I masked one of the flowers to make it look like the pink flower is behind the yellow one.


These sentiments are both from Tim Holtz Floristry and were stamped on very light pink watercolored paper. Both the embossing and the colored pencil will resist the ink.



Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:

* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!