Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wispy Skies

Today I have two scenes to share and a very fun technique. Kevin Nakagawa from Stampscapes did this cool winter scene on pearlescent paper (here's a tutorial). Yesterday I remembered that I had one sheet of opal pearlescent paper and decided to play around with some wispy skies. When I started making cards, pearlescent papers were very popular to use, but I haven’t used it in many years. I bet I have more of them somewhere. I ended up doing two cards. The photos don’t do justice to these cards, they look nicer in real life. Here they are:



Dye inks were applied to the paper using a Colorbox Stylus tools in a random wispy manner. I angled the tool to get some harder lines and really liked how those came out. One of the tricks with this technique is not thinking too much about the end result. I used Adirondack Pitch Black on the black & white card and Adirondack Denim on the blue card. Archival Jet Black was used for the stamping and liked how the ink sunk into the paper underneath the pearlescent shine.

The black and white card was splattered with white acrylic ink to create a snowy feelings, I also added some of the ink using a paint brush. On the blue card I used a white gel pen to add a few highlights. Here are two close-ups to try to capture the shine:




Thank you for looking! Have a fabulous weekened!

Supplies:
Black & White card: Stampscapes: Lakeside Cabin 147G, Reeds 068D, Pine Tree 196F, Crooked Limb 107E; Adirondack Pitch Black dye ink; Core’dinations Opal Pearl card; Daler & Rowney Acrylic Artist Ink white; Colorbox Stylus tool.

Blue card: Stampscapes: Lakeside Cove 049G, Pines and Rocks 195G, Reeds 068D; Core’dinations Opal Pearl card; white gel pen; Colorbox Stylus tool.

3 comments:

  1. Prachtige prachtige kaarten kan jij maken.
    Groetjes en een leuk weekend.
    Marleen Berneel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scenes! Love the wispy skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration, thanks for sharing, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!