Monday, November 21, 2011

G is for Grateful

Here’s my layout for How Much is Too Much challenge #185 – Thankful. We were challenged to do a layout about thankfulness and to use:

3 foam embellishments
4 colors of cardstock
5 buttons
6 stickers (non-alphabet)

I hope you will play along with us! Check out what the rest of the team did on the blog.

I always enjoy doing layouts about thankfulness. Here's it is:



I used some photos of the little one and me and a bunch of stickers about gratitude. At first I didn’t know what stickers to use, since I hardly have any stickers which are not alphabet stickers. I love the 7Gypsies word and quote stickers, so I decided to use those. I tend not to use the big ones in the sets since I often struggle to use things that feel too ‘ready embellished’ for me, I like being able to alter everything a bit. The sticker was adhered to cardstock, die cut with an On the Edge die and inked a bit with Distress Inks. The remaining 5 stickers came from the same and another set of 7Gypsies 97% complete stickers. For the cardstock, I used four colours Core’dinations Kraft core, love the look of them embossed and sanded. The four pieces were die cut into 8 hearts and I used different embossing folders for each one.

The only foam embellishments I have did not at all fit with the colours of the layout, so instead I die cut three birds from brown craft foam. They got little nests made out of cheese cloth. I also used a bunch of bird stamps on the layout since there were lots of birds at the river where the photos were taken and because I love birds.

Supplies: Artistic Outpost, Crafty Individuals and Beeswax bird and tree stamps; Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock; Tim Holtz Sizzix Heart & Wings, Bird and Brackets On the Edge dies; Archival Ink Coffee; Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders; MME patterned paper; 7Gypsies 97% Complete stickers; Panduro felt hearts; cheese cloth; buttons.

2 comments:

  1. Wat een mooi kindje, en een mooie pagina heb je gemaakt.
    Groetjes Marleen Berneel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!