Friday, November 11, 2011

Owls and hearts

I needed to make a wedding card. This card is for CardPatterns #140 and for Hero Arts November challenge (bling theme). Here’s the sketch:


And here's my card:


I used the same embossing folder on the Core’dinations background cardstock and on the white cardstock. The owls were stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Inks (Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet), misted with water and Perfect Pearls and applied with a paint brush. The white areas were painted with Perfect Pearls and water to give a subtle shine (hard to photograph). I painted the embossed white cardstock with the same mixture. The cream cardstock was coloured with Distress Stain Antique Linen and misted with Perfect Pearls and water. The two chipboard hearts were painted white and coated with Distress Stickles. The sentiment is from a stamp that says ‘I love books’, but I only inked up the ‘love’ part.

A close up:




Thanks so much for visiting!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Heart Owls D5302, I Love Books ST506; Sizzix embossing folder; Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet; Distress Stain Antique Linen; Distress Stickles Victorian Velvet; Stickles Diamond; Perfect Pearls; Versafine Onyx Black; Victorian Velvet Core’dinations cardstock; watercolour paper; twine.

1 comment:

  1. Here's me, "awwwwwwwww!"

    And then I slipped off my chair! THIS is wonderful, Anna-Karin! Your splendid use of the Card Patterns sketch has me just DELIGHTED for our "sport!" THANKS, for sharing your stunning talent with Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!