Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy?

Here’s my layout for How Much is Too Much challenge #184. The challenge is to mix up different patterns (stripes, flowers, dots, stars, etc.), and more specifically to use:

- Eight different patterns, none to match the holiday
- The word happy
- Any holiday picture and embellishments. (Embellishments can match the holiday)

I hope you’ll play along with us! Check out what the team and our fabulous guest designer for November, Shaunery, did on the blog. Here's my layout:


I enjoyed mixing different patterns and used lots of different ones on my layout. I used grey, black, blue and red papers and cut them into tags of two sizes. The tags were distressed a bit and then stitched to the page to form borders at the top and the bottom. They were also embellished with a bit of subtle stamping (so subtle, it is hard to see on the photo). I used a fun photo of me and my sister and the tip of the tail of the dog fleeing the scene. The title translates ‘Happy?’

Journaling: A Christmas Eve photo which didn’t turn out as planned. I appear to be angry as a bee. My sister is more interested of removing decorations from the tree. And Kasper, the dog, fled the scene so that only his tail is visible in the photo.

I didn't feel like using lose glitter yesterday, so Stickles was a quick and much less potentially messy solution:


The chipboard letters were painted white, coated with Glossy Accents and then with white flock.



Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies: Hero Arts Classic Fabric Design CG245; Artistic Outpost and Stampelboden stamps; 7Gypsies, Tim Holtz, BasicGrey, Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon and Scenic Route pattered paper: Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag & Bookplates and Tiny Tabs & Tags dies; Hambly screenprint; BasicGrey chipboard letters and chipboard shapes; Stampendous white flock; Tim Holtz tissue tape; Versafine Smokey Grey ink; Pumice Stone Distress Ink; Adirondack Slate; Platinum Stickles; Glossy Accents; white and red acrylic paint; Panduro velvet hearts; twine; lace; Imaginesce pearls.

3 comments:

  1. Super cool! Love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tags and the glittery chipboard bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic page, Anna-Karin! Adorable photo and journaling. Love your dangly, sparkly Christmas lights, and I love the way you used the tags.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!