Thursday, November 3, 2011

Music Christmas card

Here’s a quick card made for this week’s Card Patterns sketch. Here’s the sketch:


The card is also for Stamping A to Z on Two Peas.

I had this piece of watercoloured paper for a while. When I have used Distress Inks on my craft sheet, I often mist them and smear scraps of watercolour into the mix when I am finished. In that way, I don’t waste any ink and the pieces often look interesting. Not one looks like the other. I particularly liked this piece and decided to use it as the main element on this card. A few snowflakes were stamped on the piece and I used strips of Swedish Christmas songs left over from another project. I wanted to background to be subtle, so the music stamp was embossed on dark brown cardstock with glittery black embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting!!

Supplies: Stamper’s Anonymous snowflake stamps (Mini Holidays); Hero Arts Music Background CG222; Stämpelboden Christmas song stamp; Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, Forest Moss; Zing embossing powder; Versafine; BasicGrey patterned paper; Hero Arts string; mini staples.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! Your work is so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I can send you my addy if you are looking to send this to anyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love the subtle music background. I NEED to put your blog on my favs list. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!