Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter children

I have another brayered card today, using the same technique as this card. It is a winter version of an autumn scene I did a while ago, using the same silhouette stamp.


The scene is done on glossy cardstock and brayered with dye inks. First, the moon was masked and then Memento Summer Sky was brayered over the cardstock. Then the following inks were applied to the card: Adirondack Stonewashed, Memento Danube Blue, Adirondack Denim, always leaving some of the previous colour showing. For the ground, I used torn pieces of paper as masks and brayered the inks on top to create subtle heaps of snow. After removing the mask from the moon, I sponged a bit of Summer Sky on top of it, because it looked too white. The Pine Bough was stamped at the bottom of the card in both black ink and white pigment ink. Dots were added with a white gel pen and the ‘halos’ around the dots with white pigment ink.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Three Winter Trees K5255, Musical Walk F5468, Big Pine Bough K5242, Merriest Christmas Wishes CG377; Adirondack: Stonewashed, Denim; Memento: Summer Sky, Danube Blue; Colorbox Frost White; white gel pen; Kromekote glossy cardstock.

9 comments:

  1. Love your inspiring card, Anna-Karin! I may have to try making a wintery scene for the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAT MOOI!!!!!!!!

    Marleen Berneel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I have the stamps... makes me want to go try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so beautiful and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Anna-Karin! Hero Arts tweeted about this gorgeous card! Thought you'd like to know they mentioned you by name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, I love your beautiful scenes! Kudos on the HA tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Seriously one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally amazing sweetie. So love all of these stunning creations of yours. Truly works of art rather than just a card. They will be treasured always. Joined your blog today not sure why I wasn't before. Thought I was actually, sorry about that. Have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!