Hi! Today I have a dry embossed and watercolored card to share, with a summer feeling.
Please note: this post has affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
Start by die cutting one of the frames from Simon Says Stamp Frames, from watercolor paper. Mist with water and emboss in the Sunshine Sailboat folder.
Paint the setting sun and the sky with clean water and then immediately with watercolor paint. Let the paints flow into each other and blend. I used peach and yellow for the sun and shades of dark blue for the sky. Paint the water in the same way.
I didn't like the look of the cloud on the background and wanted more clouds, so I die cut them with Simon Says Stamp Heart Showers from Pawsitively Velvet Luxury Cardstock Snow.
Sentiments were stamped with blue Archival Ink using Simon Says Stamp Be Your Beautiful Self set and die cut with the coordinating dies. Die cut the mat one more time from Soft Navy cardstock and off-set slightly.
Paint the boat with brown paint and add a shadow.
Hello was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Scripty Hello from white glitter cardstock and Soft Navy cardstock.
The edges of the focal panel was distressed. I added an outer frame and matted on Soft Navy cardstock. The cardbase was made from Simon Says Stamp Apricot cardstock.
In my first attempt, I didn't use water in the background and wasn't happy with how the colors blended. When watercolor paper has been dry embossed, much of the texture disappears and the paint dries faster giving you less time.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you again tomorrow for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Happy crafting!
Anna-Karin
Supplies:
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.
* Please note: the links are affiliate links, for which I receive a small percentage of sales generated by the link, at no extra cost to you.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!