Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Friendly Ghosts

Hi and welcome! I have a happy Halloween project to share today, using new Sizzix dies and stamps. It is a less spooky Halloween project than the other ones I've made this season so far.

I made this into a wall hanger, but it could just as well be a card. My son loves Halloween and this is going into his room, along with most of my other Halloween decorations it seems. He even carried the panel with him around the house the first days. Everything is coloured with Brushos. I really like these friendly and happy Halloween stamps and dies by Rachel Bright. These stamps and dies make it easy to build your own Halloween scenes, using as many or as few stamps as you'd like.

I used the Happy Halloween Framelits dies with stamps set, the Happy Home Labels & Tags and the Happy Home stamp set. The set to the far left, A Bright Harvest, is lovely too, but I ended up not using it here.

Stamp images on watercolour paper with Jet Black ink and die cut with the coordinating dies. The small ghosts were cut with scissors. The houses dies in the Happy Home Labels & Tags fit the house stamps in the Happy Home set. For easy die cutting, use the Sizzix Magnetic Platform. This sandwich: Magnetic Platform, Cutting Pad, paper, die facing down, second Cutting Pad.

For the background, I worked on watercolour paper, and mixed up Ultramarine and Grey Brushos. The sky was painted with clean water first, then with Ultramarine and finally dropping in grey. I also sprinkled some extra grey for a cool effect. The road was painted gray, and some Black was sprinkled into it. I also painted mid lines. When dry, the background was stamped.

Do you see the spiders? I like the texture of the sprinkled Brusho crystals.

These ghosts are so friendly, maybe it could be Casper. The black cardstock is Core'dinations, slightly sanded. The ghosts were mainly left white, except for a grey shadow.

I used Brusho crystal mixed with water to paint  all the die cut shapes. Here the little ghost is on his way into the green house.

Some images were stamped on the houses too and I sprinkled grey into the paint while it was still wet, for more texture. The houses were adhered with foam tape. One ghost is leaving from the chimney.

The edge of the watercolour paper was distressed and I mounted it on white and then black cardstock.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I will be back again tomorrow with another Halloween project.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:




5 comments:

  1. Ahhh - yes, they do look rather sweet - I don't think I'd find them very scary. Love those little houses too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! I love that background color and the little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Lovely Halloween scene! The ghosts are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a chàrming Hallowe'en project Anna karin!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So cute! The ghosts are fantastic as well as the houses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!