Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Layout

Hi friends! We had sunny day today and spent it at the sea. I have a Sizzix post to share, made with new dies and embossing folders by Tim Holtz.

Leo is getting bigger and is a very happy and chubby baby. I did a fun distress resist technique for the background and used my new favourite bird die. The journaling is written at the back of the layout. 

Working on watercolour paper, I applied Ranger's Gloss Texture Paste through Tim Holtz Star stencil. Leave to dry, and continue until most of the background is covered. I smeared Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron) on my craft sheet, misted with water and pressed the cardstock into the ink. More water was misted on top of the cardstock. Some of the ink will seep into the paper and underneath the stars, giving a partial resist which is pretty cool. If you use less water and wipe off the leftover ink quickly, the stars will be whiter. The title, ('sweet'), was die cut from silver Deco Sheet. 

To make the bird, I covered mat board with canvas, die cut the bird and then embossed it in the Tiny Stars folder. You can find another example of this bird on my Mesh Bird Canvas Tutorial. I also used leftovers from the same project for the background, namely the Wave Frameworks die cuts, die cut from Tim Holtz Texture Sheets

The birds were stamped with Jet Black ink and I stamped a postage script stamp with Mowed Lawn here and there. The circle and stars were die cut to mimic Leo's clothes. I die cut the circle with the smallest Sized Circle die and the star with Tiny Shapes

The words were die cut with the Celebration Script set and I was happy to find a star stamp similar to the star on his clothing.

I had a leftover piece of Pocket Card on my desk and added it to the layout, in addition to a piece of lace.

Thank you so much for watching!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



11 comments:

  1. Bless Leo, how he has grown . Lovely layout and I love he texture on the bird. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and your new little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the subject matter and the fabulous layout featuring him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!!! Lovely page Anna-Karin!.. Hugs, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Sweet photos of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable baby & such a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I do not know why but sometimes my comment shows two or three times. I swear I don't keep pressing the button :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Marci! I can easily just delete the additional comments. It is weird that it is doing that.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!