Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Embossed Banner Layout

Hi and welcome!! I recently got the Sizzix Big Shot Plus, which is larger than the Big Shot. You can run a letter and A4-sized paper through it, which is so cool and opens up possibilities for fun techniques.

I made a layout using some of my first photos of Leo. Since then, he has gained a lot of weight and lost quite a bit of that nice hair. There are new large embossing folders, which go through the Big Shot Plus. I have often wished that I was able to emboss larger pieces of paper than what the Big Shot can handle, and used a whole embossed sheet of sticky-back canvas on this layout. The texture didn't photograph so well, sorry about that. I also used the Banners Framelits Plus set by E.L. Smith and the Oh Baby Triplits set by Stephanie Barnard.

This is what the Big Shot Plus looks like and there you can also see the Botanical Swirls Plus embossing folder. It looks like a Big Shot, only larger. I adhered sticky-back canvas to a piece of cardstock and ran it through the machine. Use this sandwich:

The Banners Framelits Plus set is awesome and consists of 35 different dies. I only used a few of the dies here. It has four different types of banners, all of which exist in many sizes so that they can be layered. There are also labels and circles. 

The banners were die cut in two sizes, the smaller one from sticky-back canvas, which was first adhered to cardstock. The canvas banners were embossed in the Field of Diamonds Plus folder. The larger banners were die cut from watercolour paper. I coloured the papers with my new Brusho Crystals, which are such fun to work with. I layered the banners together and stitched them along the top. 

The background was also done with Brusho's on watercolour paper. I stamped a few words on it too, from a Hero Arts set.

The onsie was die cut from white paper and a smaller one from watercolour paper already coloured with Brusho crystals. I stamped the Hero Arts lion with Cobalt Archival ink. This stamp is so cute, and perfect for Leo. He will end up with a lot of lions on his layouts. 

The word is from the Oh Baby set, which also contains a great mat die for the word.

The little banner was die cut with the smallest of the dies from the same shape I used above. I spelled his name with alphabet stickers and added a heart ribbon. I also stitched around the layout.

Thank you so much for looking!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:




2 comments:

  1. Oh so gorgeous Anna-Karin! Love the soft texture of the embossed white. Perfect for a baby LO. And you do have such a wonderful subject for your focal images :) Leo is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing this with us. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea to emboss the canvas! Great tip, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!