Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mommy sing cars: CSI case file #17

Happy Saturday! Time for another CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. Here’s the case file:

I loved the transparent images on the text background and knew I wanted to do something similar. Of the evidence items I used: circles, map, transparent element where the background shows through, stars, birds, And from the testimony: I placed my title in half a circle and the layout is about a song I made up for my son, not really a free poem, but something similar.


I used watercolour paper for the background. It was first misted with water and dipped into a pool of Antique Linen Distress Stain, giving it a nice cream colour. When dry, a music stamp was stamped repeatedly across the page using Archival Ink Cobalt, and first to third generation stamping. The images were stamped on top with Jet Black ink and coloured with watercolours. It is a bit tricky to match watercolours to the colour palette since they dry lighter, but I hope they are close enough.

My sister made up a short little song about cars which I have been singing to my son a lot. Because he loves all vehicles, I started adding other vehicles to the song, and especially those he has seen during the day. So the song is a bit different all the time. It includes a favourite part of him going in a little wagon pulled by a tractor, but I didn’t have any tractor stamps (or bus stamps). I know have to sing this song every evening, often many times, and the title of the layout is him asking for the song. I placed the story about the song and the song itself (one of its many versions) behind the photo, which opens up.

Some close-ups:




Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Going CL478, Past Times AC007; Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz: Odds and Ends, Air Travel, Warehouse District, Beeswax: Globe, Viking boat, sailing boat; Oxford Impressions truck stamp; Artistic Outpost: Ephemera Backgrounds, BlueBird; Technique Tuesday border stamps; MME Portobello Road stamps; Wildlife Enterprises train stamps; Sizzix: Mini Labels, Mini Gears, Gadget Gears; Distress Stain Antique Linen; Distress Ink Faded Jeans; Daler & Rowney watercolours; Heidi Swapp chipboard stars; felt; October Afternoon letter stickers; grungepaper; BG patterned paper.

1 comment:

  1. Så söt han är på kortet! Kul att sången blivit så omtyckt! kram mormor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!