Saturday, April 14, 2012

A fairy tale

This week we have another awesome case file at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here’s the link to the challenge, where you can see the work of the rest of the DT. Case file #15:

I was inspired to do another scenic stamping piece as the base of my layout. From the evidence items I used: moon, something transparent and foliage. From the testimony I was inspired by the adventure and imagination themes, and I also wrote a little free poem. Here’s my layout:


The scene is done on glossy cardstock (8.5x11 inches) and coloured with dye inks using a Colorbox Stylus tool and Ranger craft nibs (for the small areas). Such a large scene using so many stamps (more than 20) requires a bit of planning, and I planned it out on scrap paper first. I knew I wanted to use the large moon stamp and the castle and needed to figure out a nice setting for the castle. All the stamping is done with Archival Jet Black ink. I use torn pieces of paper as masks where necessary. Since this is supposed to be a fairy tale setting, I left some items a bit out of proportion (the frogs are pretty big and the well is a bit small). As usual, I coloured it starting with the lighter inks and gradually building up darker colours. I started with Lemonade, which is a light yellow and then switched over to Weather Wane. For the orange shades Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade were used. Then darker tones were added with Slate and Pitch Black. I left quite a lot of the white paper showing because I didn’t want the scene to be too dark. The moon is a yellow/orange harvest moon.

Highlights were added with a white gel pen, lots and lots of dots. Then white pigment ink was dry brushed onto the scene to create shine around the moon, and mist here and there. The title was stamped with alphabet stamps and the journaling was printed on a transparency and placed on the water.

I have a lot of photos of my son running, often away from me, so I was happy to use one of them. On this particular photo, he is carrying a balloon, which fit nicely with the scene. The light was also coming from the right direction. I cut him out and then applied a little bit of yellow and orange ink to the photo to make it blend in with the rest of the scene.

The journaling translates:
'On an adventure in the world of fantasy
Everything is possible
Among bears, castles, frogs and wishing wells
Be a hero
A magical and enchanted world'

Let me know if you have any questions about scenic stamping, it is lots and lots of fun to be able to create your own stamped landscapes.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampscapes stamps: Cascading Falls 015G, Cloud Cumulus 018E, Ducks in Formation 027A, Meadow Lg. 057G, Reeds 067B, Side Falls Lg. 075G, Tall Rock with Falls Lg. 082G, Waterside Bluff (left) 148F, Waterside Bluff (right) 149G, Bear 167A, Cloud with Rising Moon Lg. 198G, Oak Branch 203G, Flock in Water 225D, Water Pattern 231C, Sedge Filler 251C, Pebbles 256A, Prickly Branches 272G, Cloud Strips Sm. 296C; Sutter stamps: Castle #2 H-1539, Old Well G-965; Beeswax stamps: Row Boat, Frogs; Hero Arts alphabet stamps; Adirondack dye inks: Lemonade, Slate, Pitch Black; Distress Ink: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade; Jenni Bowlin ink Weather Wane; Colorbox Frost White; white gel pen; Kromekote glossy cardstock; transparency.

8 comments:

  1. Your stamping is really beyond amazing! What a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AK - I'm not sure exactly how you did this - but it is INCREDIBLE! I am mesmorized by it! It should be up on display in an art museum! WOW, WOW, and triple WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. förstår inte hur du kan göra detta men jag kände igen Anton direkt har du både foton o stämplar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna this is just fabulous! It was so very enjoyable to view. Can't wait to view more of your wonderful work. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is incredibly beautiful and amazing. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is sensational, you do the most amazing art work, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! I thought I had left a comment on this when it was posted, but I don't see it now. I love Anton's Scenes!

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always in awe when I see one of your stamped scenes. I checked out the stamps, but knew that I didn't have enough of an artistic eye to do them justice so I will just keep admiring yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!