Saturday, August 17, 2013

CSI case file #85 - Cousin clothes

Hello and happy Saturday! I love the colours and inspiration image of this week's CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file:
 
 
I had some baby photos that fit very well with the colour combo, except from a green blanket in the background, and made a double layout.
 
CSI case file 85 - Layers of ink
From the evidence items I used: tags, numbers, metal, buttons, string and decorative border. From the testimony items I wrote my journaling on a tag, and I was inspired by both 'souvenir' and 'save'. The layout is about this baby outfit, that I picked out when shopping with my sister, when she was pregnant. Later, my son got to wear it too, turning it into treasured 'cousin clothing'.
 
CSI case file 85 - Layers of ink
I used an embossed paper as background, similar to the white blanket in the photos. The background was inked and layered with patterned papers. Lots of Prima stuff on this layout, most of the papers and I used some of the new wonderful Sizzix/Prima dies: Mariposa and Elisse.
 
CSI case file 85 - Layers of ink
The tags were die cut from patterned paper, and I wrote the journaling on ledger ones. I like the scalloped top of these tags. The rulers were cut from a Prima Engraver paper and the title letters were die cut from orange Core'dinations cardstock.  
 
I love the tarnished metal plate on the inspiration photo and wanted something similar on my layout. Foil tape was adhered to glossy cardstock, you can use ordinary cardstock too, but if it has texture, the tape will pick that up. The borders, buttons and some of the butterflies were die cut from the foil covered paper. Additional butterflies were die cut from patterned paper. The metallic ones were coloured with alcohol ink (Ginger, Espresso and Pitch Black) and embossed in the Dot Matrix folder.
 
The borders were die cut with the Thinlits Borders die and the buttons with Eileen Hull's Labels & Buttons die. I was happy with the look of the metal pieces. 
 
 The buttons were embossed in the Retro Circles folder, pretty cool aren't they?
 
I used an old Prima chipboard number. You don't see it here, but by chance the word 'week' was printed on the patterned paper, and I placed the number right in front of it, since these photos were taken when he was four weeks old. The little hearts were die cut from mat board and inked with Spiced Marmalade.

The Mariposa die makes such pretty butterflies, in two different sizes. I layered the smaller ones on top of the larger ones. All the butterflies were shaped using Susan's Garden tool kit, using the Loop tool, which works great to give shape to other things than flowers too.

All the edges of the papers, tags and butterflies were inked with Gathered Twigs. 

A round embossed button. This was a really fun way of making buttons.

And a close-up of the border piece.
 
Thank you so much for looking! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Prima 6 x 6 paper pad: Engraver, Lady Bird; Prima Ledger 12 x 12 paper pad; Heidi Swapp: Vintage Chic; Core'dinations Distress Color-Core, Core'dinations embossed; Ranger Foil Sheet
Dies: Sizzix: Elisse, Mariposa, Borders, Labels & Buttons, Flower & Heart, Wanted
Embossing folders: Sizzix: Dot Matrix & Gridlock, Rays & Retro Circles
Ink: Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs, Spiced Marmalade
Alcohol ink: Adirondack: Ginger, Espresso, Pitch Black
Embellishments: Prima chipboard number

3 comments:

  1. WOderful !! I loved the butterflies n button a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning embellishments to this lovely layout... amazing detailing in every way - the embossing, the metal, the gorgeous papers and distressing - fabulous work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture & metal in your embellishments. The butterflies & borders are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!