Friday, February 22, 2013

12 tags of 2013 February

Happy Friday! Today I am sharing my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 February. I still need to do the January tag too, which I missed doing since I was away.

I used Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Barn Door Distress Stain for the background. When dry, I stamped it with the Art text stamp from Classics #4. using Barn Door ink. After just having done some Valentine's projects, I felt like something different and since I am waiting for the new Blueprint stamps to arrive in my post box, I used the dragonfly stamp on the Classics #1 set instead, which is also a sketchy type of stamp, similar to the blueprints. It was stamped on the tag with Archival Jet Black, and then I happened to find a piece of acetate on which I had stamped the dragonfly for another project, with Stazon white ink. I decided to layer it on top of the black stamping, placing it a little bit to the side to create a shadow.


The dragonfly was stamped on watercolour paper and watercoloured coloured with Peacock Feathers and Iced Spruce. I used the same inks to colour the circle label. I coloured a second circle label with Shabby Shutters and adhered it together with a ChitChat sticker under the acetate.

I made my own epoxy type tag, by die cutting a circle tag from grungeboard, painting it silver and gluing the circle label from the stamp on top. I rubbed the ink with Judikins MicroGlaze since I didn't want the two shades of teal to blend when Glossy Accents was applied on top. A chitchat sticker was placed in the center and then I coated it with Glossy Accents.

A strip of green kraft-core cardstock was embossed with a grass folder, sanded and inked. The little ticket was stamped on a piece of scrap paper.

Thank you for looking!

Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Classics #1, #4, Going Somewhere
Die: Sizzix: Tiny Tabs & Tags
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Springtime Background & Borders set
Ink: Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers, Iced Spruce, Gathered Twigs, Black Soot, Shabby Shutters, Barn Door; Archival Ink Jet Black; Stazon Cotton White
Stain: Distress Stain: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Barn Door
Paint: Adirondack Silver dabber
Surfaces: Core'dinations Kraft-Core; Tim Holtz Idea-ology grungeboard; manila tag; acetate; watercolour paper
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Symphony tissue tape, ChitChat sitckers, Paper string stripes; pearls

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on the Tim Holtz tag! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tag! I love all of the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely - love your green and turquoise accents with the red, and the dragonfly looks wonderful against it! Fabulous take on the tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag and the way you layered the stamped acetate! You've really done an amazing job with all of your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great Tim tag and your colours and layers work so well, really lovely
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb take on this tag. Love the idea of using the acetate layer. You always give me so much food for thought. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tag and photography Anna. What a genius idea to stamp with the black Stazon and then with the white. The effect is amazing. I'm so glad Tim has shared this on Pintrest otherwise I might not have found you. It's well worthy of a repin. Take care Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!