Monday, December 5, 2011

Hand prints and calendar ATC 5

Today  I am sharing the fifth of my ATC calendar cards and my layout for the How Much is Too Much challenge #185. We are having such a fun challenge this week and it is hosted by Debbi, who writes this:

‘I consulted my wacky holiday calendar for December and found out:

December is Bingo's Birthday Month.
It's also Rising Star Month.
And it's National Tie Month.
The first week of December is Cookie Cutter Week.
December 5 is Bathtub Party Day!

So...I challenge you to use:

* A bingo card (if you don't have these in your stash, just google "bingo card" under Google Images, and you'll find a gazillion).
* Use something that you can tie--ribbons, twine, raffia, etc.
* Use at least 5 stars.
* Use punches or cutters or a shape templates.
* Use your imagination and whatever product you want to create "bubbles" on your page.’

Here's my layout:



Instead of using a bingo card, I stamped a bingo card with Archival ink Coffee repeatedly on the background. I made sure not to get perfect impressions so that it would look a bit worn and distressed. I tied twine to the tags and used a whole bunch of stars die cut from the same paper as the tags. For the tags I pulled out my very old Accu-Cut EZ2Cut templates and I used a punch for the reinforcer circles. Finally, I used bubble wrap and red paint to stamp bubbles on the page. I stitched around three of the edges of the ledger paper to create a pocket and tucked the actual hand prints from that day into the pockets.

Journaling: 'Anton loves to paint with finger paint, something that I also liked as a child. This particular day, I managed to get two good hand prints (see the pocket). A little artist. It is fun that he likes to paint, draw, stamp and play with clay.'

Supplies: Hampton Art Bingo stamp; PSX letter stamps; Archival Ink Coffee; Versafine Vintage Sepia; Basic Grey Out Of Print patterned papers; Making Memories ledger paper; KI Memories blue paper; Cuttlebug star dies; Tim Holtz Sizzix arrow die; Accu-Cut EZ2Cut tag templates; 7gypsies masking tape; October Afternoon alphabet stamps; bubblewrap; twine; brads.


Here's the fifth card in my ATC calendar:



The ATC is watercolour paper that was dipped into Distress Inks smeared on my craft sheet and misted with water. Some stamping on top and then I printed one of my favourite Christmas poem on it. I really wanted to use this poem in the calender, it is about a 'house Santa' standing alone outside a barn during a winter's night .

Supplies: Great Impressions tree stamp; Hero Arts snowflake stamps; PSX number stamp; Distress Ink: Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans; watercolour paper.

1 comment:

  1. Love both of your lovely items! The card is awesome with the tree peeking through! Cutie pie baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!