Thursday, December 1, 2011

ATC Advent Calendar

The first of December was always a special day for me, the beginning of the Christmas season. As children we always had an Advent calendar, and sometimes more than one. Two years ago I made an ATC Advent calendar flip-album, and since I didn’t have the blog then, I thought it might be fun to share it during December this year. It was fun taking the calendar out this morning.

The cover was cut from chipboard and covered with patterned paper. The lace was dyed with Distress Ink and I used a circle date stamp and alphabet stamps for the title. The calender stands on the covers and I flip a new ATC over each morning.


 Here’s the ATC for the first of December:


The idea behind this ATC was to use one candle, for the first of the four Advent candles being lit. The background is resist on text paper – the stamp was clear embossed and then Walnut Stain Distress Ink was sponged on top. The candle was die cut from both glossy and patterned paper. The swirls were clear embossed on the glossy cardstock and then it was coloured with dye inks. The base was cut from the patterned paper and pieced on top of the glossy candle. Some Stickles were added.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will have a wonderful December!

Supplies: Hero Arts Antique Flower Background (S5264), Printer’s Type Lowercase (LL762), Flourish Background (CG119); Inkywings date stamp; PSX number stamp; Distress Ink: Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Tattered Rose; Making Memories patterned paper and Slice die cut; Cuttlebug embossing folder; lace trim; chipboard; binder rings; text paper.

5 comments:

  1. What a cool project! It's a mini work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Love it! Will have to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lace on the front made me happy! This looks like a lovely little project! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, an atc calendar! Beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of an ATC Advent Calendar. I remember the Advent wreaths we had when I was a child. I loved the ritual of lighting the candles. Your first ATC reminds me of that. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!