Saturday, June 1, 2013

CSI case file #74: Many miles

Happy Saturday! We have a cheerful case file at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this week:



I had a raspberry and black bike when I was a teenager and thought that was a great topic for this week's layout.

CSI case file #74 many miles - layers of ink
I am very fond of cycling and this is not the first layout I have done about it, but it is the first one about this particular bike, which was my first adult-sized bike. From the evidence I used metal and beads and I documented a childhood/teenage memory. I had this bike for many years, it took me back and forth to school, sport activities and friends every day, it went on a memorable bike holiday to Denmark, I was hit by a car while cycling on the bike once (no serious injuries luckily), it took me to forests, lakes and the sea, on a yearly race together with my dad and so much more. I typed a long piece of journaling and printed it on cardstock which was folded over to form a flap photo mat.

The circles on the background were done by applying Coarse Molding Paste through a stencil with a palette knife and leaving it to dry. Then I painted on top with Picked Raspberry Distress Paint.

Beads were one of the items in the case file and that made me remember the Glass Bead Gel I got not long ago. I tinted it with yellow paint and smeared through a brick stencil. It looks real nice in real life and catches the light in a great way, but hard to capture on a photo. The left-over gel was smeared at the base of the layout, to create a feeling of speed.

This is my favourite detail on the layout. I wanted a cool bike accent and was looking through my stash to see if I could find something. I came up on one of Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears and realised they looked like bike wheels, but the bike needed a body too. Can you see what I used? It's a Tim Holtz Clothes Hanger Clip, I just bent out the top. The wheels were painted with Black Soot and Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and the body with Picked Raspberry and Black Soot. I hammered the brads in the centre of the wheels to give them more texture.

The bikes at the base of the layout were done by sponging paint through a Prima stencil, because of the bead gel texture, the images are a bit fuzzy, but I thought that worked well here.

Thank you for the visit! I hope you'll join us this week at CSI.

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Canson watercolour paper
Stamps: Artistic Outpost: Lovely Day; Hero Arts Sketch Circle; Graphic 45 Antique Typewriter Letters
Ink: Stazon Jet Black; Memento Pear Tart
Paint: Ranger Distress Paint: Picked Raspberry, Black Soot, Brushed Pewter; Golden: Primary Yellow
Stencils: The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Bricks, Mini Circle Regiment; Prima: Bicycle 12 x 12
Medium: Golden Artist Paints: Coarse Molding Paste, Glass Bead Gel
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sprocket Gears, Game Spinners, Long Fasteners, Hanger Clips; Studio Calico wood veneer bike; Reprint pink rhinestones; pom pom ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, love the texture, colours and design and your bicycle is inspired, love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your recreation of your beloved bicycle - so clever! Another great layout Anna-Karin!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!