Monday, May 11, 2015

Gelli Printed Cards

Hello friends! I hope you enjoyed the weekend! Spring is here for sure now and I enjoying seeing all the flowers and, especially, the green leaves of the trees. It is Monday and a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is up. This week the challenge is to use Simon Says Stamp Exclusive products. There are lots of fabulous products in the exclusive range: stamps, dies, stencils, inks, paper and more.

I have three cards to share.

I needed more thank you cards to send to people after the birth of Leo. I need to get these sent off, but I keep forgetting to pick one of the many photos I've taken of Leo to send along. The background of the cards is gelli printed. Whenever I have my gelli plate out, I tend to get carried away, because it is so much fun, and I make many more prints than what I need for a specific project. These are leftovers from a Growth Recipe Box and Journal that I made for Leo. It is a tutorial. The prints were made with the 5 x 7 gelli plate, which is a perfect size for cards. I simply cut a letter-sized paper into two, printed it and then folded it in half to get a card.
 
The balloons were made with the Balloons and Patterns stencil set. I first smeared Distress Inks on my craft sheet, misted with water and pressed watercolour paper into the ink. When dry, the balloons were traced on the paper using the stencils. I used the two pattern stencils in the set to add patterns, by inking with Cracked Pistachio through the stencils. Two of the balloons were adhered with foam dots.

I smeared Ranger's Texture Paste through a dot stencil with a palette knife and covered with Rock Candy glitter, for a subtle glitter effect in the background. You've seen me use this 'happy' die quite a lot, it is a favourite of mine. I die cut it from white paper and inked with two colours Distress Ink for an ombre effect. 

The original prints were double-sided, since I made them for a mini book, so both the inside and the back of these cards have patterns. 

The gelli printed backgrounds were done with Dina Wakley's paints and various Sizzix embossing folders - using papers that had been embossed in the folders to add patterns to the prints.

Here I used the Falling Hearts stencil together with Texture Paste and glitter in the background.

I wanted to use the fun Screen Elements dies and noticed that the heart one worked really well together with the stunning Sketch Heart die, which framed the dots of the Screen heart. I die cut the Sketch Heart from Simon Says Stamp cardstock, as well as the solid heart. The butterfly is from the Butterflies set and stamped twice with grey ink, cut out and attached with a staple. I stitched three cross stitches with embroidery thread into the heart.

This is the inside of the heart card. I am going to add a photo over the back of the heart to cover up the stitches.

I can never withstand a tree die, and the final card uses the Woodland Tree die, which also comes with two sweet swings.

The tree was die cut from grey paper and the swing from white paper. Such great details on this tree die and check out those thin lines of the swing.

On this card, I used the Falling Snow stencil, again together with paste and glitter.

The label was stamped with Schoolhouse Red ink, which is the same colour as the red cardstock. The sentiment comes from the Happy set.

Here's the inside of the tree card, with a touch of brown paint.

We love seeing all the contributions to the Monday challenge, and I hope you will join us this week. Remember that one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

Thank you for the visit!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous array of cards Anna-Karin, wonderful mixed media backgrounds. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing work as always Anna Karin - just fabulous!Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! my favorite: cross stitches.

    Xoxo
    Stella Rocker - Brazil
    http://ateliedastella.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards!! Totally love the texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layers! I love the yellow background and how you mixed the stamped and stenciled together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, as always, Anna-Karin! Hope life is treating you well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really the colors and patterns you created, Anna-Karin. Love these delightful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work as always, Anna-Karin and what a wonderful way to say thank you! I really love these cards and the gorgeous backgrounds...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such nice cards with these amazing gelli print backgrounds. I like them all. Very inspiring.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Anna-Karin! These are amazing! I need to dust off my Gelliplate and play with it again. Love that you did the inside of the cards too! So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. These really show off your versatility and I love how each card was totally unique and you utilized the backgrounds so beautifully in each. Those balloons were especially precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!