Wednesday, April 29, 2015

12 tags of 2015 April

Hi and welcome! I almost didn't make it in time, but here is my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 April.

Watercolouring is, as you probably know, one of my favourite techniques. I decided to ink up the Runway stamps for the first time, since their scribbled look works well combined with watercolouring. The sentiment comes from the Handwritten Love set.

I used Bundled Sage and Pumice Stone markers for the background technique, and Dusty Concord and Picked Raspberries for the women. 

Instead of using a word block die like Tim did, I picked one of the Shape Strips dies, which was just the right length. I love the little dog, and the shadow brings it to life even more. 

The Mirrored Stars were coloured with Cranberry and Raspberry alcohol ink. I also used the stars from the border here and there.

Thank you so much for looking! See you tomorrow again for my last post of April. I can't believe it is almost May.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



16 comments:

  1. I really like how you changed it up. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious is the perfect word for this tag!!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your water coloring is amazing. Love your take on Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tag! The colors are delicious. You have really made it your version of Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Anna-Karin, love how you used the star shape off cuts at the top of your tag! Gorgeous watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful. The watercoloring is perfect - wow. And the stars are exactly the right choice - just makes it all come together. I really love this one Anna-Karin. One of my top choices of over 100 presented! Great spin on Tim's example - YEAH! j

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!! all the techniques work awesome for this but I really love the drop shadows on it!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your take on Tim's tag is quite simply exquisite! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna-Karin, just love how you used Tim's runway set here! You do amazing artwork! I sure am tempted to get that stamp set after seeing your tag!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous take on Tim's Tag !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on Tim's Tag !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A superb version Anna-Karin!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just got this stamp set and I love it. I haven't had time to play yet but once the wedding and my holiday are over I am doing nothing but playing. So pretty. You rocked this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. The watercolored images just "pop".
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Great look! Fabulous tag! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!