Saturday, November 9, 2013

CSI case file #97 - Discover Nature

Hello! We have another great case file up at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.
 
 
 My Layout:

CSI case file 97 - Layers of ink
I really liked the sketch with the two circles, and die cut my photos into circles. From the evidence I used: branches and leaves, dry embossing, frame, fabric, and something shiny (the mirror stars). The journaling was written in a stamped frame and printed on acetate, it also relates to the themes of growth and life. The frame was stamped with Cornflower Blue ink, and is a window stamp, but I cut out the windows so that it became just a wooden frame.

I made a quick background on watercolour paper, mixing up two of the colours in the combo and painting them on the background. The layout is about this day at a lake when my son was busy finding all kinds of interesting treasures on the ground, pinecones, leaves, twigs, stones and more, and about all the things you can learn from nature. He picks up a pinecone on the top photo, which is why I added two stamped pinecones.

The branches were sponged through a stencil, with Vintage Photo Distress Paint. I love this sentiment stamp by Wendy Vecchi and stamped it three times on the background with Cornflower Blue ink. The strip of white cardstock was embossed in a star folder.

I stamped the green part of the background repeatedly with a Hero Arts sentiment stamp and Sap Green ink. The great Darkroom Door sentiment stamp was stamped with French Ultramarine.

I had a left-over Dogwood flower on my desk, from another project, made with Susan's Garden Sizzix Dogwood die. The larger leaves were die cut from watercolour paper, painted green and stamped with a crackle stamp.

Thank you for looking! I will be back tomorrow with more cards made with the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Card Kit inspired by Tim Holtz.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watercolour paper; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrored Sheets
Dies: Sizzix: Circles FramelitsCrescent Moon & Stars, Dogwood Flower, Arbor,
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Iron Gate & Starry Night
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Wilderness Vol. 1, Window; Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: Art Comforts; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Ultimate Grunge, Holiday Wishes; Hero Arts Be Happy
Ink: Archival Ink: Cornflower Blue, Sap Green, French Ultramarine, Sepia
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours; Ranger Distress Paint Vintage Photo
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop Mini Branches

2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous layout. I love how you create scenes.... I had such fun scrolling through your blog while I was away that I used up my airtime on my ipad. Didn't leave messages cause it just took too long... will do it again this week. I had such fun playing with your resist techniques which I used for my BW2 DT card coming out in Dec... gave you a shout out on my blog post.. .so thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love that quote, too. So true. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!