Saturday, October 6, 2012

Too fast: CSI case file #40

Happy Saturday! This week we have a fun and happy case file at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:

And my layout:

From the evidence items I used: ribbon, dots, circular elements, label, transparent stuff, numbers.  I tied a ribbon to my journaling spot and the journaling is about both the happy and the wish and the birthday theme. For the large circle I used a Tim Holtz kraft resist paper which was inked with Peeled Paint Distress Stain using a circular motion. I white embossed some dots and numbers on it and realised that some of the embossing powder got stuck on the resist parts of the paper (where there is a varnish). I thought it looked cool, so instead of brushing it off, I melted the powder. The bird and black circles were stamped with Archival Jet Black ink.

The Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon was dyed with Mustard Seed Distress Stain and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. The colours blended together a bit, making some of the yellow parts look orange.

The label was die cut with Eileen Hull's Sizzix Labels & Buttons die.

Every year, I use a photo or two from my birthday and do a layout where I write about the year that has past. The journaling is on the tag behind the circle. It is pretty personal normally, as this is one of my most personal layouts every year.

I saw someone else use this clock die to frame a part of a photo, I am sorry I really can't remember where I saw it now. It worked with both the circle and time theme of this layout. I cut it from yellow patterend paper and stamped it with an envelope pattern stamp.

I had used this collage stamp, stamped on acetate, on a previous project and found a left-over one on my desk. It was tucked behind one of the photos.

As you know, I love text and alphabet stamps, this one comes from Wendy Vecchi. I stamped in on a piece of acetate with Stazon Platinum ink.

Here's a close-up of the kraft resist paper.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can join us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge Backgrounds, Photograph ATC stamp; Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi Collectible Art; Hero Arts Envelope Liner Background CG461, circles
Dies: Sizzix Weathered Clock, Lables & Buttons, Tag & Tie
Ink: Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry; Archival Ink: Jet Black
Stain: Distress Stain: Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed; Stazon Platinum
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology kraft resist paper; Bo Bunny and BasicGrey patterned paper

3 comments:

  1. Still csnnot forget yesterday's layout, and see today the new fantastic one. I think that it's time for me to start making layouts))

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful lay-out. nice pictures and paper.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Craft A Scene team mate! You are so amazingly talented! I love all that I have seen of your work. I am so proud to be on the same DT as you!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!