Thursday, February 23, 2017

Step Into Spring Tree Card

Hi friends! I have a tutorial on the Sizzix blog today, for a happy card which I really enjoyed making. When I typed up my Sizzix post over the weekend, spring was in the air here. I knew that was a little early, and now we have snow again. But sunny days, and longer days every week. 

Layers of ink - Step Into Spring Tree Card by Anna-Karin with Sizzix dies by Stephanie Barnard

I used new dies by Stephanie Barnard, with most of the shapes coming from the Tree Step-Ups Card set. I love to make cards with interesting shapes and these step-up cards are such fun. They are also fun for the recipient and can be displayed like home decor pieces. Stephanie's card sets always include so many great shapes and details, which can also be used for other projects. I also used the Horizontal Drop-ins Card Front, Banners Drop-ins, and Word Circles.

All the colouring was done with Distress Inks, using Sizzix Inksheets and Tim Holtz Distress Micro Glaze for a resist effect. To twist the wire for the sun, I used Eileen Hull's great Twist & Style tool. You can see another example of it in my Felt & Wire Flowers tutorial.

To see the full tutorial, and lots of close-ups, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Thank you so much for stepping by today!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin 

Supplies:







1 comment:

  1. prachtige kleuren en wat een mooie creatie. Wat een leuk effect heb je gekregen met dat kleuren. Super

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!