Friday, June 23, 2017

SSS One of a Kind Blog Hop

Hello everyone and very welcome to my blog! I am so happy to be a part of the blog hop celebrating the release of the Simon Says Stamp One of a Kind line of products.


One of a Kind has wonderful stamps, dies, inks, an embossing plate and sequins. You can see the full release here. I hope you will join us on the hop and there are of course prizes to win along the way. If you follow along the hop, you came here from the very creative Heather Ruwe.

I made an art journal page and two cards, and took some step photos along the way. The techniques can be used on any type of project.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I love the Fingerprint Doodles set and is is such a fantastic idea for a stamp set. All those little fun characters on one set (twenty-two of them). You also get four great sentiments, and five fingerprint stamps. I wanted as many as possible of them on one page, and decided to make a fun art journal page in my Small Creative Journal. This project could just as well be a card. Kids will love it too. In fact, my oldest son wants me to make exactly the same panel that he can have in his room.


These are the stamp sets and dies that I used - I forgot to include the Big Day die on this photo. Here you see: Artsy Fruit, Fingerprint Doodles, Big Grettings 1Thanks and the 3 Sided Scallop.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I started out by stamping the different fingerprints with many different Simon Says Stamp inks (they are all in the supply list below).

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Stamp characters on all the fingerprints. I used only vertical characters here, some are meant for horizontally stamped fingerprints. This was so fun to do.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I didn't want to cover up any of my characters, so instead I added stamped and rub on words and phrases in between the lines, in addition to a title and stamped hearts and arrows.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

The first part of my title was die cut with the Big Day die, from glimmer cardstock, and using only the first part of the phrase.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I glued it on the page to form the title 'Today is amazing', which is the theme of the page.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

These doodles characters are really such fun and I liked having so many of them on one page. The page was splattered with a black Scribble Stick, just to add a tiny amount of texture. The scalloped edge is a left-over from the 3 Sided Scallop.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

The elephant is one of my favourites. As you can see, you get a better effect with lighter inks than with dark inks, such as the Navy to the left.

Layers of ink - Fingerprint Doodles Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin

More fun characters. I really love this stamp set.

Layers of ink - Flamingo Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I also wanted to show you how quickly you can make a simple card with the Fingerprint Doodles, and since the stamp set has so many different characters, you can make a lot of different cards. Use only one animal as here, or a whole bunch of them, as above. The sentiment is stamped with the Big Greetings 1 die.

Layers of ink - Flamingo Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

For the card, I used the 3 Sided Scallop to die cut a card from watercolor cardstock. This die is so clever, since it only cuts three out of four sides, it is perfect for cards. If your paper is too thick, it is easy to line the die up to die cut it one side at a time. I had to do that with the watercolor paper. Ink up a fingerprint stamp, mist with water and stamp on the card, slightly at an angle.

Layers of ink - Flamingo Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

When dry, stamp the flamingos on top.

Layers of ink - Flamingo Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Smear Pumice Stone Distress Ink on a craft sheet, mist with water and pick up with a paint brush, paint ground and a shadow for the flamingos. I did the same with Worn Lipstick, to add color to their long necks.

Layers of ink - Pear Artsy Fruit Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Finally, another scalloped card, made with the awesome Artsy Fruits set. As with the Fingerprint Doodles set, you get many stamps on one set and they are meant to be combined in different ways, so that you create a lot of variation in the fruit that you stamp. I have a particular thing for pear stamps, so I immediately decided to use the pears. 

Layers of ink - Pear Artsy Fruit Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Something that I really like with the Artsy Fruits stamps, is that the line is varied, which gives a nice look to them. Start by stamping the pear once with Leaf Green ink and another time on Masking Paper. Cut the latter out.

Layers of ink - Pear Artsy Fruit Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Place the mask over the stamped pear and stamp a pear on each side of it, varying the angle.

Layers of ink - Pear Artsy Fruit Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Stamp the stem of the pear with Fern Green ink. White emboss three different stamps on the pears. If some specks of embossing powder is stuck on the pears, leave it, since it creates great textures.

Layers of ink - Pear Artsy Fruit Watercolor Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Smear Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, and Peeled Paint Distress Ink on a craft sheet, mist with water and pick up with a paint brush. Paint the pears. The embossing resists the ink. When the ink is dry, add a couple of specks here and there for texture. The shadow was done with Pumice stone. You can use this same technique on all the fruits in the Artsy Fruits set. 

Don't miss all the inspiration along the hop, and of course there are also prizes to be won. A $25 gift voucher is given away on each stop on the hop, all you need to do to have a chance at winning it, is to leave a comment. The winners will be posted on the SSS blog on Tuesday. 

The next stop on the hop is Kelly Latevola and don't miss the fantastic post that she has for you. If you get lost somewhere along the way, you can always head back to the Simon Says Stamp Blog. Below are all the stops along the hop:


Anna-Karin Evaldsson (you are here) 

I hope you will have a great weekend! In Sweden, we are celebrating Midsummer's Eve today, and by the time you read this, the kids and I have returned from a traditional celebration where we danced around a maypole.

Thank you for stopping by at my blog! Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:




544 comments:

  1. Your first card is so creative, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are amazing! My favorite is the little card with the pears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have created!! The fingerprint card and ink samples are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Those fingerprint stamps are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable release and I LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The animals make me smile. Especially like your Pears that look like artwork on canvas.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Midsommer!

    I love the fingerprint set, everything Ive seen with them is just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done here! The pear card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your showcases have certainly brought a smile to my face! The fingerprint animals - as you've demonstrated here - are amazing! Love everything you've designed; thank you for sharing your creativity with us!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your projects! I really enjoyed your art journal page. Loved the use of the word stamps to add to the fingerprint art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute...love the pear card. Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fingerprint journal page! That's my favorite product from the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that art journal page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art journal page is so amazing, Anna-Karin! Each tiny critter has such personality. You added the perfect sentiments, too! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome, so many great ways to use the release

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, great inspiration. Thanks, Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love your use of the fingerprint doodle set - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Anna-Karin your art journal page is fantastic and your cards are sweet. How cute are these Fingerprint Doodles? ♥
    (I must Google Midsummer's Eve, sounds like fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally love what you did with the pears. It's actually more artsy and crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute idea! Love the colors.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Liked the art journal page so creative. The cards are also beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those lil finger prints are so adorable!! Love the flamingo card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wondered how these stamps work, you made terrific examples!

    ReplyDelete
  25. your pear card is fantastic and love all the fingerprint characters!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That journal page is adorable and I love how you colored in the flamingo's head and neck on the scalloped card. I think that might be my favorite of those little critters. Those pears - wow! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, wonderful stamping and tips. I love the journal page and the cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the pretty colors on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely work. This release really has something for everyone. Love those fingerprint doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So creative. And the card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tee-hee! Cute cards

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! You make me want to buy all the sets!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I must have the little fingerprint stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing designs! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Repetition, repetition, repetition... Your fingerprint critters have been taken to a new exciting level! Fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Mid Summer's Eve! Your did so many fun things with this release. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The pears are so fantastic! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great way to make the little images have a big effect!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your adorable cards and journal!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am impressed with your art journal page. Great words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the journal page it is so awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Like seeing how the Fingerprint Doodle set is being used on the various projects! Really like the journal page thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love these fingerprint stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The fingerprint doodles are soo cuteee.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the fingerprint stamp set. So creative with many different uses.

    ReplyDelete
  46. LOVE all of your projects!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the fingerprint card-I want to try it!! Your water colored pears look so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely adorable cards. Love the flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anna, I love these cards using the new fingerprint stamp set! I can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I don't know why I've never thought about using my stamps as a journal page but it is a wonderful idea. Not only will it be fun, but can give me a book full of images as a reference. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love these projects! Your pears card is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sweeden? So far away and so creative..I'm loving the thumbprint stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  53. WOW! You were very busy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the sketchbook look. Also love the pears: their color and detail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Super fun art journal page! Like the quick and easy cards too! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow!! What fantastic projects! You definitely showed off the versatility of these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Fabulous examples of the release. Love the journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Fabulous work on
    all of these. I
    love the journal
    page, a great idea.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the pears. They turned out so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  60. so much fun! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your journal page is fabulous - I see why your son wants one! And, those cards are just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love the stamp set and the cards. But knowing my great-granddaughters ...They would want to use their own fingerprints and not the stamp ones. Have to admit that would be fun to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the pears on the scalloped card. I like the way the embossing turn out on them. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Fantastic projects, thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love the pears card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love your journal page! These fingerprint animals are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  67. These are so cute. I love the flamingo card best - it is so fun. Your dancing around the maypole is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love your card with the flamingo's, and the card with the fruit is just gorgeous, love that stamp set (it's my second favourite, the flower set is my top 1 choice)!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love how you really lots a lot of different elements from this release, especially using them together in your art journal. The Finger Doodles is by far my favorite and I love how you used them for more than just a card. So creative! #SSSOneofaKind

    ReplyDelete
  70. fabulous cards/layouts and the pears look like you could picke them up and eat right away

    ReplyDelete
  71. Cute projects! Love the flamingos card!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh wow! How wonderfully creative you are! Loving that art journal page - the fingerprint critters and the added words are just so appealing and doable, feeling so inspired by this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  73. So many awesome ideas! I need that fingerprints doodle set! And your pears look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  74. So many great ideas!! I really love the watercolor pears! So clean and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. All lovely, but the pears are my favorite, great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  76. The fingerprint animals are so cute and your pears are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful cards and a wonderful journal page! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love all the fun fingerprint ideas! Midsummer's Eve sounds like so much fun!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  79. Great projects using the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I've never done anything like this and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  81. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love the pears! And the flamingos! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love the fingerprint set! So Clever

    ReplyDelete
  84. Simply gorgeous! Your pear card is delightful! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  85. amazing cards, love the fingerprint card

    ReplyDelete
  86. Thank you for all the close up shots! It really helps us to see what they will look like when we buy them! Love all the samples!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Especially liked your fruit card!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I LOVE the journal page! This is one of my favorite stamp sets from the release. What a great idea for using this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  89. These are great ideas! I love the doodle stamp. I think that is my favorite set from the release.

    ReplyDelete
  90. These are all so cute! The pears are adorable! Love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I love the journal page..
    The fingerprint doodle stamp.set is so cute and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  92. Awesome ways to use this stamp set! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  93. I adore those fingerprint doodles! Must have!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hello Anna-Karin - now to get my own THUMB PRINT into action - love everything you have done here for our inspiration! Truly talented artist - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  95. Oh my, is this ever cute!! What a clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Love the pears! And those doodles are growing on me. Especially like how you used them in your journal. By the way, what die did you use to get that scallop at the top of the pag?

    ReplyDelete
  97. thank you for sharing your cards

    ReplyDelete
  98. Your journal page is darling! Just adore the fingerprint doodles. Thanks for sharing your inspiring projects.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Totally awesome cards! Love those perfect pears!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Awww, so cute!! The embossing looks so different and likelife here!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Wonderful collection of cards. I was going to buy dancing fruit stamp set, but after seeing your artsy fruit pears maybe i'll be buying that instead (or in addition. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  102. You've touched on two of my favorite things - flamingos and pears! If you don't include stamps, and ink, and blog hops. =]

    ReplyDelete
  103. I love how you used those fingerprint creatures in your journal page! The sentiments you used were perfect for journaling - I love it so much! And I adore that pear card you made with all the variation. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love the journal page. It shows you love what you do. I may have to start a journal myself...

    ReplyDelete
  105. Thank you for sharing your adorable ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  106. What cute ideas - Thanks for sharing
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  107. Such fun examples with the fingerprint collection.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Really cute ideas. You had lots of fun, we can tell

    ReplyDelete
  109. Thanks for so much wonderful inspiration! This fingerprint set is so unique & fun! I love what you've created today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Love the idea of a display piece with the fingerprint set. Great job on the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  111. You must have felt like a kid again making those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  112. So glad you used so many of the animals so we could see them a bit better. These thumbprint animals are so cute and such a unique idea. I love what you did with the flamingos too - just made that little stamp set even more versatile since that didn't even look like a thumbprint any more. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  113. My favorite set, and what you did is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  114. This fingerprint stamp set is so adorable and unique! You did a great job with it! So cute! Great SSS release. Cant wait to grab my coffee in the morning and do it again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  115. awesome projects. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  116. So very cute!!! Totally adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  117. All of the fingerprint images are so cute, but I especially love your pears - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Definitely trying out these ideas! Can't wait! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  119. Great inspiration! Your creations are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  120. I never realized there were so many varietys of the fingerprint stamp, so cool to see so many on one page. Love the flamingos, and the pears. #SSSOneofaKind

    ReplyDelete
  121. Anna-Karin, Thank you for your inspiration, I loved the cute flamingo note card, but they are all pretty darn cool. Keep up the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Enjoying the hop! Love your great creativity

    ReplyDelete
  123. Fun stamp sets
    The fingerprints are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Those little critters are starting to grow on me, So cute

    ReplyDelete
  125. so cute for anyone of any age and even better if they are your kids' prints

    ReplyDelete
  126. Lovely ideas! Hey da! I lived in Uppsala during my junior year in college (eons ago) would love to revisit some day.

    ReplyDelete
  127. Love the flamingo card, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  128. I love the color on these cards. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  129. the little animals make me smile....very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  130. My fav is the elephant also. The fingerprint stamps have some great sayings too. I'd like to have this set & the Artsy Fruit set. Your pears are so realistic looking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Love the pears! And, your fingerprint animals are so adorable, too. Especially the flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  132. The art journal page will always make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Ah! Those pears look so delicious!
    Love all your creations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Those fingerprint doodles just make you SMILE! Adorb projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  135. these are wonderful projects Anna Karin and I think that journal page would make an awesome card too!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Thanks for sharing these amazing projects. I love the art journal page; very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Love the cards! Your art journal page is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  138. Your fingerprint doodles are so adorable! Love every single one!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  139. All of your projects are great. What a nice release!

    ReplyDelete
  140. These are amazing! And I love your son's idea of creating some art for his room withe set!

    ReplyDelete
  141. Love all you did. The thumbprints with little words were so cute but even the pear was lovely and you made it look --doable.

    ReplyDelete
  142. I have to say I loved the pear design best. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  143. such a cute project! I love the stamp set! I like how you added the sentiments between the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  144. The fingerprints are way too cute and I really love the pear card.

    ReplyDelete
  145. The little fingerprints are just too adorable! I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  146. I am CRAZY in love with those doodle characters! Your project is so clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  147. Wonderful projects you created. Love the cards, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  148. How fun! What a great way to display all those cute little critters. Thanks for all the project inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  149. Those Thumbprint Doodles are so adorable, and they look addicting! I can't wait to play around with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  150. Love all your cards made with this awesome new release! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  151. Love the way you use the thumbprint stamps, so many different ideas on this blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  152. The card with the pears looks amazing! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  153. Using distress ink is so clever! Really love the effect it gave to your flamingos :) nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  154. I understand why your son wanted you to make one for his room. Everything you made was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  155. Wow - love your journal page. The little cards are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Very nice cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  157. #SSSOneofaKind I am going to steal your journal idea. I have a book that I take shopping, it has all my stamps and inks in it. No chance of double purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Amazing set of versatile stamping ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  159. Love the fingerprint flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  160. What a fun way to use those stamps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  161. Love these cards--especially the flamingoes.

    ReplyDelete
  162. i love so many of these images!!! those flamingos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  163. Wow! Fantastic ideas! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  164. I didn't notice the flamingos before. Love it!
    And your journal page - amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  165. Adorable cards!! I love the flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  166. Wonderful release. Love the thumb prints!!

    love your idea of stamping them all. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  167. Great ideas!! Love the pears and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  168. Thank you for all of the inspiration. Each project was better than the last. Wonderful new release!

    ReplyDelete
  169. I love your use on the journal...thats so awesome! And those pears are just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  170. Thank you, those are so nice, every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  171. Your designs are awesome...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  172. Your projects are coloring are fantastic! Thanks for sharing the how-tos. It's so fun seeing how everyone uses these new crafting goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  173. I love all your projects! The first one with all the animals is just lovely. Thanks for sharing in the Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!