Monday, August 31, 2015

Set Sail Journal Page

Hello everyone! We had a good weekend with putt putt golf, a cycle ride and good weather. It is Monday and a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is up. This week our theme is 'trio of color'. I am looking forward to seeing lots of great colour combinations.

Don't miss STAMPtember which starts tomorrow at Simon Says Stamp, it will be a month of wonderful stamping fun. 

I had started on a different project, with other colours, when the postman knocked on the door with a parcel containing, among other things, the new distress Blueprint Sketch ink and some fun Simon Says Stamp Exclusive products. I wanted to use it immediately and started working on this journaling page instead, with a monochrome colour combination of Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. I used Ranger's Distress Micro Glaze for a fun resist effect.

Here you can see the three Distress Inks I picked. I like to look through my Distress Inks and think of all the different colour combinations I can get from them. 

The background is watercolour paper and I started by embossing the Falling Stars with white powder. The three Distress Inks were smeared in horizontal bands on my craft sheet and misted with water. The paper was pressed into the ink. The words were die cut from watercolour paper and coloured in the same way.

These two sentiments both come from the Sail Away set, stamped with Jet Black ink. I love the rich deep blue of Blueprint Sketch.

To make the waves, I die cut three strips with one of the wave shapes in the Border Waves set. I applied Distress Micro Glaze with my finger, concentrating on the tips of the waves, but also adding some to the the rest of the die cuts. If you work on the textured side of the watercolour paper, it is easier to get a textured look from the glaze. For other examples using the Distress Micro Glaze, check out this tag and this wall art piece of mine, both using the popular Bird Crazy stamps.

The Sail Away set contains two boat stamps, a solid one and an open one, I stamped both in Jet Black ink and cut the sails from the white one.

This sentiment is what inspired the whole journal page, and the windy sea scene.

I used a glitter pen to add a tiny bit of shine to the die cut words

And a small stamped anchor in the corner, as a symbol of hope.


I hope you enjoyed this post and that you will join us in our challenge this week. As every week, one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.


Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:





20 comments:

  1. Loved everything..starting from the trio of colors to textures with glaze n embossing ! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ... so glad the postman interrupted you! Love Blueprint Sketch here !!!!! Great color trio. This really is one my favorite uses of Micro Glaze Anna-Karin. What an unbelievable wind swept wave effect you created with it. LOve this!!! And the anchor at the bottom ... such a perfect addition with the sentiment used :) Thanks for sharing it with us. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think to use three colors in the same family. This is beautiful and love the sea-inspired theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every detail of this is completely perfect! Such a fabulous idea and execution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors! Love everything about this. The waves give such movement to it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Anna-Karin :-) I love the blues and whole nautical theme, absolutely FABULOUS :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Anna-Karin! This is a gorgeous piece. ALL of your work is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous Anna-Karin, wonderful trio of distress colours and your micro glaze resist waves are inspired! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely ocean page - the starry sky is wonderful as are the micro glaze resist highlights.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love this.... did I mention I really love this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came over from SSS to see the details. Lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This combo is one of my fav! Your page is stratospheric! Love it so much! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, Anna-Karin! Love the blues with a hint of green. The sentiment is perfect! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning from top to bottom, Anna-Karin! This is a jaw dropper!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful page, Anna-Karin. The colors you used are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous scene, Anna Karin..wow! distress ink color combo is just fab and beautiful use of weave die. Love love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of my favorite color palettes EVER! And you always do things so skillfully! I really love how the stars turned out. The little touches, like Baker's twine at the bottom, make me smile and your quotes are always favorites of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pages Anna -Karin and such a beautiful combination of blues, which work so well together! As always, there is so much detail in your work and I love your little finishing touch of the twine, which completes the project perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This page is really lovely, all the blues are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!