Monday, May 25, 2015

Dance Art Journal Page

Hi and welcome! I can't believe it is already the end of May. I went for another great bicycle ride yesterday and this time I brought a bike map, last time I got a little lost and ended up cycling pretty far. It is Monday and a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is up. We have a thank you theme this week.

I did quite a few thank you cards lately, so I felt like something else this week and worked in my art journal instead. The page is about being thankful for the little things in life, because, as the Tim Holtz stamp says, 'when you stop and look around this life is pretty amazing'. The background was already half done because I had smeared leftover paint on it a few months ago, and removed some of the paint by rubbing with a baby wipe through the Tracks stencil by Dina Wakley. Under the paint, there was a layer of gesso.

I used Dina Wakley's paints and stencils on this page. Blackberry Violet was mixed into Texture Paste and applied to the page with a palette knife through the Basics stencil. I dragged Ranger's Texture Tool through the paste before removing the stencil. The tool has six plastic cards with different textures, I used texture tool 1. When the paste was dry, I rubbed a little Pearl paint on top. The Prize Ribbon was die cut from a Pocket Card and embellished with rub-ons.

The half circle was given the same treatment as the heart. I also outlined the shapes with a Fude pen. I stamped words from the All The Gals set here and there. The blocks where the paint was rubbed off make great homes for small words.

Paste was also applied through the Canvas stencil. I really like Dina's Silhouetted Women stamps and they are great for art journaling. Because my surface was so textured, with all the paste, I stamped the silhouette and the sentiment on tissue paper. Tear around the shapes, to prevent the edge of the tissue paper from showing. Apply a thin layer of gloss multi medium, carefully position the tissue paper onto the multi medium, and apply a second layer on top. The stars were die cut from silver Deco Sheets, and I placed this one as if she is balancing it on her finger. 

The 'dance' word was added with the StencilGirl Uplifting Words stencil. 

 I also added a sentiment with the Affirmations stencil, and rub-on notes to fit with the dance theme.

Pearl paint was applied here and there, and you can see the effect a little better on this photo. It gives a great pearlescent shine to areas of the page.

Sometimes I like to stamp certain sentiment repeatedly, and on this page it was the 'use  your wings' sentiment, which is stamped all over the page, often without reinking.

I hope you will join us this week in our thank you challenge! As every week, one random participant gets a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp and can do some shopping.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



18 comments:

  1. Your journal pages are always so thoughtful and filled with incredible details I love walking through them and looking for all the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... where did May go?!

    Beautiful journalling - the colours are so pretty, and I love how the bold black stamping and text pops against the background. Fab stencilled textures too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous journalling Anna Karin - beautiful colours and words - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful art journal page! I love your color combination, the texture on the whole page (the texture of the heart is awesome! I have to try it!), the lettering and your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Loving the purples and teals!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal pages are Always, always inspirational for me! In this page I love everything! Your color choice has totally struck my heart! It's wonderful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful art journal spread, Anna-Karin! The color combo is fabulous! Love all the texture too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic journal spread! Love how all the layers work together to give off such a great vibe of movement/energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic journal spread! Love how all the layers work together to give off such a great vibe of movement/energy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art journal pages are awesome! Love the beautiful colors and texture you created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another impressive creation! I really appreciate how your words and messages are always positive and hopeful. I also adore the color palette here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really fab journal pages and a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful journal page Anna-Karin, love the texture on the heart and half circle and the repetition of your sentiment, a very joyful page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning journal page as always Anna-Karin! The colours and textures are just fabulous and I love how you've incorporated the inspirational message which really pops out from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful page, fabulous textures and colors, awesome words! A work of heart for sure! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these pages, everything about them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!